Stage Select
misterBee

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So apparently @Bea_Iank's ex-husbando ended her tournament dreams. Still good you for competing. I've been watching your rank on my friends list. You've passed my PS4 Kolin and are in striking distance of PC Kolin. I think you'll hit Gold before I do.

Yeah, 3 bars PS4 opponent ended my run there. I took the 1st match, but then rollback started to hit hard.

On the last match I had the game rollback my cr lp combo into his CA twice. 😞

But well, I took two matches which is far more than I expected to do. Next time I will do better.

1 minute ago, Bea_Iank said:

Yeah, 3 bars PS4 opponent ended my run there. I took the 1st match, but then rollback started to hit hard.

On the last match I had the game rollback my cr lp combo into his CA twice. 😞

But well, I took two matches which is far more than I expected to do. Next time I will do better.

You should be proud. You used Gief for years, you've only just picked up Sakura.

I am a bit sad that I lost that game more to lag than to my poor Sakura skills.

Watched the replays was painful as I saw all the rollback points that favoured him.

At least I took a clean game from a super gold Karin on my 1st set.

Next one is Lima Salty in Peru. No online this time and my Sakura ought to be much better by then.

That one will be the main piece of the art on my custom stick, along with Sakura and Rose, whose artworks I posted already.

I am likely getting DemonDan to compose the background and the character layout on it.

It will look SOOOO good.

Yeah, I follow him on Twitter as well and arrangements were done for the stick art already.

It will be a very expensive stick all things considered, but will be so worth it!

11 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

When didn’t get that as a post round win pose. 

You only had one job Capcom. 

Two jobs. They needed to put this one in too. I always liked when she kicked off her shoe.

1bda9e8981182a98cb425567a5ee0ddd.gif

Side note: I found the real reason @Bea_Iank choose to Sakura as her new main.

sakura-gem-super.gif

Another online session, another :tldr:

Rough night online yesterday. Ended up losing more than winning, though once again at least managed to end on some winning sets.

Trying to look back on it and figure out what went wrong is proving difficult (all mental right now, haven't had time to watch replays). I think one of the biggest things that got me was that at some point I definitely got tilted and that had me playing sloppier than usual (which isn't exactly immaculate to begin with) and autopiloting a bunch.

Identifying what caused the tilt is something I'd like to do so I can maybe mentally brace against it better in the future. I know I definitely get frustrated when I feel like I understand what the opponent is doing (especially when they're really rote about it) but I can't figure out a solution or implement it. I lost a set early on to a Gold Alex *fistshake* like that and I think that started the mental spiral. Then some Bisons and a Mika finished me off.

Another thing I need to work on is being more comfortable actually poking against rando onlines. What tends to happen is that I poke a bit, then if it doesn't work I start jumping or do something else bad. I think the CCs or yolo specials you run into (at least at this level) have me over-shook. It makes me feel like I'm playing most games off the back foot because I'm letting them attack as they want. Maybe that's just a symptom of Laura's little arms but I think its more my approach to it than anything.

I also need to work on being more willing do try stuff again if it fails. Like I'll try an off-book attack or sequence once but if it doesn't work I won't do it again. Which means my offense goes right back to being really straightforward and easier to deal with.

And damn it all I really need to use Laura's st.HP and cr.HP more. I had that as one of my things to work on this past session but that flew out the window pretty early on.

And double dammit I need to stop trying to interrupt pressure so much. It doesn't really work in this game outside of obvious negative situations and Laura's pokes sort of suck for it anyways. I need to either just continue to block it out, walk it out, or backdash. I sort of know this one but that definitely flew out of RAM once the tilt hit.

Some positive notes: I ran into a decently good Falke player and we had a great back and forth. Learned in this set that if you Draw a game in Ranked both players lose like 17 LP and you just go again. Lost this set when I started panic teching in the corner and died. Another thing I need to work on.

And my last set of the night was against an Akuma that thought it would be cute to teabag when he got a stun in the second game. I returned the favor in the 3rd game then killed him when he wiffed his spite Demon attempt. So that was nice.

Despite how discouraging and frustrating that was, I'm eager to play again. Part of me thinks that I overall need more exposure. I've played a relatively small number of games of Ranked and I think part of my problem is just playing the actual game enough to learn more what to expect. I definitely feel like in a lot of matches I'm going in blind. 

In drowning my sorrows yesterday I was reading online and someone mentioned playing 45 mins a day split between training and some matches. I'm not sure how feasible that exact plan is, but it would be good for me to play more often. Not just for reps; part of the problem with me playing one or two "long" sessions a week is that I sort of build them up in my head. I think that adds to the frustration when they don't go well.

Also, reading reddit (just to show how desperate I was) I came across a guy that was trying to encourage someone else to keep at it. They mentioned how they are a shit player but through playing a fuckload of games they managed to get to Diamond.

"Huh, that sounds a lot like Twin." *checks the username* "Twinblades89" 😁

I still feel kind of lost and flustered as to where to go next to try to right the ship but hopefully some more meditation on it will help.

After the fiasco that was the tournament and yesterday's terrible ranked night, I am having an itchy to go back to Gief.

But I will wait till I have my custom stick in hands to see if with a better stick that doesn't drop double taps like the hori mini will make my quality of life with Sakura improve.

The amount of DPs that didn't come out to punish whiffs and to AA yesterday night is daunting.

Missing inputs like that always crushes my soul a bit.

I still have the issue where I sometimes don't complete the very end of a QCF if I'm on 2P side. I think its a lot better than it used to be but every once in awhile it still comes up. It makes me sad when I miss a LP Bolt confirm but it super hurts when I throw out st.HP instead of HP Bolt.