Stage Select
misterBee

The Street Fighter V Thread

16 hours ago, misterBee said:

SFV reveals were trash compared to the reveals for every other game. 😧

Of course they were they got leaked by Stream. Instead hey guys were got three characters that you can play tonight. People knew ahead of time. Side note: What I find funny is the number of people that are eating crow about Lucia. It went from "why is this characters in the game?" to "damn this character is fun" in  no time.

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Of course they were they got leaked by Stream. Instead hey guys were got three characters that you can play tonight. People knew ahead of time. Side note: What I find funny is the number of people that are eating crow about Lucia. It went from "why is this characters in the game?" to "damn this character is fun" in  no time.

I just found them underwhelming in general.

Almost every game announced a new season with new chars AND mechanics.  SF pulled out 3 characters after being silent for months.  They said they were going to do something different this year, but it's the same stuff as last year but this time delayed.  Just seems a bit underwhelming.

In that regard, it seems Soul Calibur had the best announcement. IIRC it was the only game that announced new mechanics are well as characters. Everyone was just characters. Its only speculation but it looks like going forward. SFV won't have season but "bundles." With multiple characters dropping at once. If the apparent "Winter Bundle" is a reality, then we'll know that to be the case. Wouldn't bring it up if the Summer Bundle characters weren't leaked on Twitter by some dude before the Steam leak. He said Honda, Lucia, and Poison before hand. People didn't pay him any mind. Based on that guy Oro is going to be in the Winter Bundle.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

In that regard, it seems Soul Calibur had the best announcement. IIRC it was the only game that announced new mechanics are well as characters. Everyone was just characters. 

Tekken got balance changes + new moves for every character, and UNIST is getting a new version of the game.  SF really just seemed like the odd one out.

6 hours ago, misterBee said:

Tekken got balance changes + new moves for every character, and UNIST is getting a new version of the game.  SF really just seemed like the odd one out.

I'll be honest, I don't pay any attention to Tekken. I literally stopped watching EVO and started playing Fire Emblem when Tekken started. I don't care for the game and would just about any fighting game before. Glad their fans didn't have stay half the night because of Smash though, would wish that on anybody.