Stage Select
DangerousJ

The SRK2 Saloon Thread

40 minutes ago, DanZan said:

Obvious question first....Do you have insurance that covers damages to your home?

He's got the papers.  Otherwise we would've been seeing a lot more F Bombs hitting.

Also, this random picture.

75ca5a70ab41d64db0d6a8ae1fabc607.gif

• LOL 4

cheh, I am not quite sure why the "movie buff" personalities out there (at least the ones I watch on youtube-- Collider and John Campea) are shitting on the idea that the Academy Awards show will implement a "Best Popular Movies" category....it seems like they're assuming the only metric will be whatever makes the most money, so---Movie A made 700 mil, then Movie B made 750 but Movie C hit a billion so Movie C automatically wins.  I'm *assuming* it would be more like they pull those 3 high grossing popular movies and then judge what _in that category_ is truly the best one.  

Also, I'm sure the folks that run the awards shows still care about ratings too... and that category would likely get more people to watch what has typically been a self-congratulatory snooze-fest filled with movies they've rarely heard of or will ever care to watch.  (e.g.-- oh let's see... movies like The Terminator..or any Star Wars, even the bad ones.... vs. incredibly boring shit like THE POST.  Oh I wonder what more people would prefer to see?)

10 hours ago, DanZan said:

Obvious question first....Do you have insurance that covers damages to your home?

No flood insurance actually, because where I live this kind of thing is extremely uncommon.  We've had plenty of heavy rain before with no problems.  This time was just a freak occurrence.

I think I'm gonna buy some anti-flood stuff and mount them at my door the next time severe rain is coming.

Everything seems to be back on track for now. 😃

• +1 3

40 minutes ago, misterBee said:

No flood insurance actually, because where I live this kind of thing is extremely uncommon.  We've had plenty of heavy rain before with no problems.  This time was just a freak occurrence.

I think I'm gonna buy some anti-flood stuff and mount them at my door the next time severe rain is coming.

Everything seems to be back on track for now. 😃

Glad things turned out okay man.

holy shit the thumbnail pic on this vid!! 😮  I wonder how many kids glanced at this and will have nightmares for the next few days?  Jesus H. Christ, man...

Reminds me of how incredibly disturbing Adam Lanza's face was:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Adam+Lanza&FORM=HDRSC2 

goddamn, man... looks like he's of the same species... creatures that just vaguely resemble humans but you can still tell they are something else pretending to be human.  

Edited by MillionX
  • LOL 1

I had never heard of the momo thing.  It says something that we have an app that tells you to kill yourself.  It says something else that we have numerous people who have downloaded it and are using it.  What does the man formerly known as Starhammer have to say about it?  I think you can guess. 

KuTyuw9.gif

This is the biggest,"Just turn the shit off!!"situation I've ever seen!  The fuck you want download THAT shit for?  Tide pods ain't enough anymore?  Some people simply can't be helped.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
  • Insightful 1

woooo lawd what a difference that sweet gentrification makes.  I was at a certain Kroger again recently, and it's a complete 180 in terms of the hotness/eye-candy factor.  Previously, you could expect to see nothing but only the lowest tier ghettofab girls like "gangsta boo" or a character from that movie B.A.P.S., etc.... along with various old people.  NOW you go there and frequently see a lot of girls that look like Stacy Keibler or Stacey Dash, Trish Stratus, Charlize Theron... mixed in of course with a few hot "probably a trust-fund baby" Indian and Asian girls too.  It's such a wonderful thing. 😃  What was once one of the most low-tier Krogers in the city has now become one of those spots to see some truly FINE (and most likely wealthy) ass.

Oh and the funny thing is that a lot of the "po' folks" are actually still there....so it's quite a strange mixture of people to be seen in that store... basically you see a Kardashian in the checkout line behind Pookie and Fred Sanford with his son Lamont.

Edited by MillionX
  • LOL 3

22 hours ago, MillionX said:

woooo lawd what a difference that sweet gentrification makes.  I was at a certain Kroger again recently, and it's a complete 180 in terms of the hotness/eye-candy factor.  Previously, you could expect to see nothing but only the lowest tier ghettofab girls like "gangsta boo" or a character from that movie B.A.P.S., etc.... along with various old people.  NOW you go there and frequently see a lot of girls that look like Stacy Keibler or Stacey Dash, Trish Stratus, Charlize Theron... mixed in of course with a few hot "probably a trust-fund baby" Indian and Asian girls too.  It's such a wonderful thing. 😃  What was once one of the most low-tier Krogers in the city has now become one of those spots to see some truly FINE (and most likely wealthy) ass.

Oh and the funny thing is that a lot of the "po' folks" are actually still there....so it's quite a strange mixture of people to be seen in that store... basically you see a Kardashian in the checkout line behind Pookie and Fred Sanford with his son Lamont.

I'll take gentrification any day.  If it means I won't get shot then I don't care how high the rent gets.

• +1 3

The YouTube Report:

haha, sheeeeeit man I didn't think this would get so out of hand, but the saga of Mundane Matt's apparent downfall just keeps on rolling... something about false-flagging a channel?  I'll admit to barely paying much attention to that, but I was checking out a livestream (it was either WorldClassBullshitters or Ethan Van Sciver's channel) where he actually showed up and it was SUCH a bad look I'm surprised he even got on..

BRUH--- this other vid is the hot shit though... will I ever tire of youtube drama?  Doubt it.

This has actually been a bit more eventful than the DSP sagas in the past few days.  The next major story-arc there will probably be when Kat inevitably leaves him for some guy she met at the gym....and that's assuming it was ever a real relationship in the first place. (*some suspect he's simply paying her to make occasional appearances for whatever reason...there's a lot of juicy conspiracy theories about whatever he does; that's actually part of the overall entertainment value surrounding that character for me.)

On another note... it's really annoying that I lost the joycon connector thing for my Switch... I'm 99% sure I accidentally threw it away...it's a good thing that those are fairly cheap compared to what is normal for gaming peripherals.

*sidenote about youtube again, in general--- it's amazing to see how much money these people make, man... particularly in the live broadcasts with the "super chat" thing now.  I'm surprised people actually pay just to post and get questions answered by the on-air people but there it is... on one I was watching earlier today, I noticed it was adding up to several  hundreds of dollars, and I didn't even count ALL the super-chat questions... for 2 hours of "work"!!  Goddamn what a sweet gravy train that must be.

Edited by MillionX
  • Insightful 1

Funny Names 

Black folks, you have so many injustices while living in America. At the very least, dont start your offspring off with them by christening them ...

49-funny-names-that-are-totally-real_kas

Jack Abramoff doesn't feel so bad compared to this guy..

49-funny-names-that-are-totally-real_jac

49-funny-names-that-are-totally-real_bj-

49-funny-names-that-are-totally-real_dr-

49-funny-names-that-are-totally-real_you

• +1 1
  • LOL 3

Someone mentioned a burger from an ATL restaurant called Vortex called "Fat Elvis"

It has bacon, sweet plaintains, and peanut butter with a standard beef patty/bun.

Would you eat it? (I know Million is going to vote "no" lol)

elvis3.jpg

• Insightful 2

ehhhhh I'm not so sure about the plantain, but I haven't had peanut butter on a burger before... I'll admit I'm intrigued by that concept specifically... and bacon is always ok on a burger for me.  I'd try that.

Ok, that TMNT....

• Why in the hell is Raph about 2x bigger than the other 3 turtles?!  He's the 'roided up "Scott Steiner" of the group now!  
  • Annnnd now April is black for some reason. 😆 Race-swaps on any character are usually hilarious to me.  (*one of the worst, silliest examples that come to mind before this one -- Jimmy Olsen who is now suave, tall black dude ladies' man "James Olsen" on Supergirl.... he also becomes a hero as well around season 2 or 3... basically an entirely different character at this point...like if you had a tv show where James Bond 007 is now a fat nerdy hispanic high school teen... or Aeon Flux is now a depressed elderly Jewish man in a retirement home somewhere in Florida.)
  • Interesting, my baby Kat Graham is playing the voice of April though.... niiiice legendary CW hotness there.
  • What the hell is up with Splinter?!?!  He's fat and lazy now?!  What is this?

Other than some questionable character redesigns, I like the overall look and animation though.  This might actually be enjoyable if the Turtles  weren't so visually out of wack there.

Edited by MillionX
  • +1 1

4 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Someone mentioned a burger from an ATL restaurant called Vortex called "Fat Elvis"

It has bacon, sweet plaintains, and peanut butter with a standard beef patty/bun.

Would you eat it? (I know Million is going to vote "no" lol)

elvis3.jpg

That immediately reminds me of a final fantasy 7 villain.  Make the bacon wave and we're good to go.