Stage Select
DangerousJ

The SRK2 Saloon Thread

sheeeeit, the Days of Our Lives update…

The lovely Kate Mansi is back as Abigail on Days of Our Lives, I see… she was always 10x hotter than that other “Abigail” they had on there. Also… Gabby (Camila Banus) continues to be THE hottest woman currently on television…absolute 10 of 10s there.

Random shit–there’s a dude on there (he plays “Stefan O. DiMerra”) that looks just like a slightly older “Namor the Submariner”…10 to 15 years ago if they made a Namor movie he would’ve been the perfect choice for that character.

*I showed Dad that movie "Manos: The Hands of Fate"...hahah he couldn't stop laughing at that shit.  The character Torgo, man... non-stop comedy.  “the…MASTER would…not approve… it will be…dark sooon… the MASTER…would not approve…”🤣  the guy that created this legendary film--- Thank you, bruh. 

Edited by MillionX

ha, that Torgo theme could be set to be the ringtone for telemarketers...or just someone that is annoying, so you instantly know...

eh, iphone has such a stupidly annoying method for making things into a ringtone though...not sure why they don't just have it set where you just select a thing that tells the phone "hey, use this recording as the ring/alert noise."...there shouldn't be a lot of steps for something that damn simple.

currently, my ring tone is still that No Holds Barred scene...yeah, when I get a call, this legendary audio plays:

sheeeeit, I'm back at home now and thus... back to my own internet connection...now I just have a few _centuries_ of youtube vids to get caught up on.  I see Yvette Carnell made a vid apparently roastin' Boyce Watkins a little bit so that might be juicy... then I must get caught up on any dsp drama that has occurred while I was out of town and in "no internet land", living like it's 1989 all over again... rummaging through some old stuff though... I found my old "Blade from Puppet Master movies" figure! (check it) That definitely got packed up to come back home with me.

y'know, a LOT of areas in ol' M-town are so dead.... the visual is like something out of your average post-apocalyptic show/movie...from businesses to residential areas...1 building after another is abandoned with the windows and doors boarded up...or it will just be generally broken down and left that way for years...possibly forever.  Basically, it's a safe assumption that very few people (at least from Gen. X and younger) in that city give a shit about anything, actually.  Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.  

EDIT---yep, Yvette is absolutely roasting this dude...woooo this is delicious

Edited by MillionX

I just got back from Miami a few hours ago. 

Actually we went to Orlando on 24th to see 1 cousin whi just had a baby. Then we went to Miami that same day and had fun -mostly chilled at my aunt's house. I saw Aquaman on Christmas day: it was good my second favorite DCEU film after Wonder Woman! 

I also had a cousin from Canada come to Tampa visit us before the traveling and she came with us to both places.

What's funny about my parents and I is that after all the relatives leave (or we return home from a Xmas out of town) we do our own gift giving .

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and got to relax a bit! 

wooo yeah, some dirt going on here with "Moist" Watkins... apparent lawsuit, and yeahhhh it sounds like he was hittin' it for a while:

*sheeeit, I have the upcoming Monday and Tuesday off due to New Year's, so now I'm free to enjoy *that* time in whatever way I see fit....most likely it will involve a lot of "doing nothing".  I've already wiped out almost all the leftovers as of last night.

Looks like everybody's getting caught screwing up so late in the 2018.  Bethesda is constantly stepping on the land mines here.  I present to you, exhibit AAA.  

..................Just joking.  The shit they've been dropping ain't even CLOSE to AAA level anymore.  

now, as a recovering alcoholic, I've been known to spend over the top on mediocre mead just for the container.  The point being, you better have that crazy container on point.  When they don't, you get what you see here.  Yes, it is already a dumb enough idea trying to sell liquor via videogames, but that would be a whole other post.  

Aquaman review:

Pros:

Design of Atlantis -city/creatures/troops etc
Momoa may not be an Oscar level actor but he puts a lot of enthusiasm in his performance
the camaraderie between Arthur and Mera
everything with Black Manta - esp the Sicily sequence

Cons:

Ocean Master is kind of mediocre. I don't know anything of comic Aquaman and his lore. I've only seen Orm in the Justice League cartoon and he didn’t make much impression on me there either.

I know this film needs CGI but it does get a bit “video gamey” in many scenes.

There is a weird habit with the film. Whenever there is a dramatic or exposition scene and it begins to go on too long, there is an explosion or projectile that enters the room. It happens at least three times.

Switching between current time and the flashbacks to young Arthur seem slightly jarring. Also, some young Orm flashbacks would have been nice.

Overall: 7.5/10

Of all the DCEU films, I consider it and WW the only outright good films (WW is 8.5/10 for me)

Edited by DangerousJ

I saw Bumblebee today. I had some relatives visiting and had to go to Miami otherwise Id have seen it opening day.

Pros:

The Cybertron scenes while briefly scattered throughout the film, are a G1 fans dream. It gave me vibes of G1 and FOC vibes. There are so many cameos of classic characters who look and sound great.

Even the the main TF on earth look more lke a G1/Bay hybrid and can be identified easier and have some semblance of character. This film does Decepticons the best. The Angela Basset character , Shatter, feels like one of the few Decepticons outside of Megs/Starscream with a memorable role.

I could actually see AND comprehend the action scenes. The action is more"widescreen" than close. Bays 2007 film was the only film to give me a headache DURING viewing.

Hailee Steinfeld's Charlie is easily the best main human character in the live action series. Her acting is great and her moments with BB and even her mother are heartfelt.
I liked the diving backstory.

This is the only live action TF film where the humor is not super low class and NONE of the human characters are overly annoying. No screaming wildly, no pot brownie eating parents, no masturbation speeches, no shots of John Turturro 's booty or Devastators scrotum, no Daboog esque ice cream thug lyfe transformers. John Cena’s military character is slightly goofy, but nowhere as “MURRICA” as Bays military scenes

The use of THAT classic 1986 song was perfect.

Cons:

The plot is very similar to ET. I havent seen it in 30 years but it feels like they used the ET script as a blueprint and cut/paste to modify it.

There could have been another “big” action scene in the second act.

The "jet " TF character seen in the trailers is not in it much and is not who you think it is.

Overall: The best live action TF film though the bar was set very low.
8/10

Other TF movie ratings:

TF 2007: 7/10
TF Revenge of the  Fallen: 4/10
TF Dark of the Moon: 6/10
TF: AOE: 5/10
TF TLK 5/10

G1 TFTM 1986 8/10

sheeeeit, there's just so much that could be done with the Infinity Gauntlet, man.... I often like to daydream of the possibilities.  I had a dream once where I was handed the Gauntlet (*by Superman for some strange reason!), but sadly I woke up before I could put that sumbitch on and proceed to being God.... anyway, let's see:

With just the Infinite Time gem's power, imagine how great it would be to exist in all times simultaneously.  You were there at the start of it all...and you also exist during the theoretical end of the universe....and all points in between.  That "end" also doesn't have to be the end anyway since the rules of the universe are now whatever you say they are.  You'd also exist theoretically in all possible variations of the timeline...which I imagine would be confusing to say the least for a mere human mind....imagine all the variants extending from different actions you could've done just today....and that's just variations extending from 1 day out of 1 human's life...1 human out of the several billion that are currently existing (...of this 1 planet out of however many other worlds that also have life)....that's insane, man.

Anyway...you'd also have the ability to manipulate time itself.  All this just from ONE of the infinity gems, man...the possibilities with just this 1 already put you at game-breaker OP status, man.  With this and the Power gem, that's about good enough for me right there.

@DangerousJ  Bumblebee is my favorite TF movie out side of the 86 animated film. It was an actual Transformers movie. I had no plans of seeing it but too many people with good taste in movies said it was good. I agree with you on the E.T. similarities. I hadn't seen that movie since I was 3, so I didn't notice but a few other people mentioned the same thing.

...hmm...thinking about the time manipulation Infinity gem thing again... it just hit me that there wouldn't be much of a point, if you can exist simultaneously in all possible variations of events in the time-line... if one doesn't like what is to happen in Timeline #1, then there's 2, 3, 4, 5, etc....an endless line of variation...it's pointless to care about timeline #348 when you also exist in countless other timelines, and #981,072 and several others good ones.

Mind gem would be a fun one to play with as well...psychic power is one of the top tier powers out there, and Mind gem gives you the "steroids" version of that shit....controlling people (everyone if necessary), implanting false memories and erasing others, full "mind-wipe" attacks... this is GOLD, man.  One could easily dominate entire worlds from behind the scenes with this power. (imagine controlling the minds of all world leaders, or just the entire population.)

aha... I didn't know there were videos of Allison Mack speaking about that cult she joined....sadly, it IS "safe for work" stuff though.. 

goddamn if only I knew about that little organization at the time... I might've actually tracked it down.  This girl was such a gorgeous dream to me back then... the main reason I watched Smallville, actually.😍

haha, brings back memories... I was watching every week, thinking "Clark you DAMN fool!  She is generally cuter than Lana AND is clearly head over heels for ya...c'mon, bruh how are you not seeing this?"  ....followed by wishing I was there to swoop in for the rebound when she kept realizing her and Clark weren't going to happen.

Edited by MillionX