Stage Select
DangerousJ

The SRK2 Saloon Thread

51 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

oh?  I never noticed.  Not that I ever listened to any of his music, but the name and face looked like every other gangsta rapper to me.

I don't listen to him either. First time I heard his music was that terrible song in the MK11 reveal trailer. From what I discovered today. He's an ATL rapper, apparently been here on an expired 2005 Visa, and the memes are fucking hilarious.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:45 AM, Deadly_Raver said:

man that Digornos commercial comes on EVERY damn saturday and I hated it.  Thankfully our man Million is on the job and has brought us hotness that we can enjoy without getting our ears raped.  👍

EDIT:  Milana Vayntraub  Still the greatest commercial girl to me.  There is that one gif and/or vid of her in a dress looking Top 5 as hell, but now I can't find it.  if all the images are gone, then it is a true loss for our world.

Milana Vayntrub is like the perfect combination of sexy and cute, which is my ultimate weakness. 

36-30.jpg

Milana-Vayntrub-2.jpg

20-37.jpg

2-37.jpg

the-adorably-adorkable-4.gif?w=379

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by *.:White ShadoW:.*

yeah, she's actually one of THE finest white women I've ever seen in life....no exaggeration there.  In a top 100 list she's easily top 5 material in that particular category....maybe even the #1. (I'm having trouble thinking of anyone in the "White girls" that is superior, imo... seriously...) She needs to get back to being famous again so it can be easy to keep tabs on her.

Edited by MillionX

Yup. In the realm of attractive women you have the standard seductive Olivia Wilde types, the voluptuous Sofia Vergara types, and the classic girl-next-door cutesie types. Milana somehow manages to take a bit from all three categories like some kind of quantum paradox. Honestly, although throughout the years I've drolled on about various hot chicks, I think she'd pretty much be it for me IRL preference~wise. 

EasygoingMildFiddlercrab-size_restricted

haha, some platforms are so silly at this point with the pandering to *certain* groups (especially the ones that like to play "Pretend" about certain things..) that get their little panties in a twist over any perceived slight.... it's laughable.   (*sidenote---hell yeah I'd ravage...)

Interesting... the store they where they were caught....that's the preferred Walmart I usually go, actually

https://www.wkrn.com/news/crime-tracker/5-juveniles-arrested-for-murder-of-musician-in-west-nashville/1763201240 

I'd be ok with them all being charged as adults.  Kids who do the most serious crimes should face the regular adult consequences of those actions.

8 hours ago, MillionX said:

Interesting... the store they where they were caught....that's the preferred Walmart I usually go, actually

https://www.wkrn.com/news/crime-tracker/5-juveniles-arrested-for-murder-of-musician-in-west-nashville/1763201240 

I'd be ok with them all being charged as adults.  Kids who do the most serious crimes should face the regular adult consequences of those actions.

I understand your point of view, but I wrote a paper in high school on this subject. The synopsis of it basically was this. Either your mature enough for adult responsibility or you are not. Our society only wants to bestow adulthood on children when they do something wrong. If you are 12 and want to drive a car, you are too immature and just a child. If you are 12 and you shoot someone. You are  an adult. You are either an adult or you are child. Their is no inbetween.

I just got caught up on episode 4 ("Whose Blood Is That?") of The Passage....BRUHHHHH this show... hell yeah, man.  👍

Congrats to the Carter for snaggin' that cute ass little PAWG Rachel....the flashback in this episode shows us where it all went horribly wrong for him though

The psychic abilities of these "virals" is quite the interesting take on that aspect of vampire lore.  They can get in your head and from that point on just show up whenever to speak with you...even when they aren't physically close by, apparently.  The last few moments of this episode kicked ass, man.  Carter on the tail end of the flashback scene but with Fanning there in his mind, telling him he only has a few more seconds to make this choice he mentioned earlier....he did and the resulting thing that happened was awesome.  This is definitely my top priority show at the moment.

Project Blue Book-- I’m just now realizing Ksenia Solo is that cute blonde that befriended the physicist’s wife. (*she has quite the nice Russian-sounding accent she can fall into, and happens to be a native of Latvia…so it’s now pretty clear what her character might be about if they didn’t already say so earlier. I first saw this cute little thing as the sidekick Kenzi Malikov on the show “Lost Girl”)

Edited by MillionX

On 2/9/2019 at 12:52 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

I understand your point of view, but I wrote a paper in high school on this subject. The synopsis of it basically was this. Either your mature enough for adult responsibility or you are not. Our society only wants to bestow adulthood on children when they do something wrong. If you are 12 and want to drive a car, you are too immature and just a child. If you are 12 and you shoot someone. You are  an adult. You are either an adult or you are child. Their is no inbetween.

What if a 12 year old is a brutal murderer, or a serial killer?  At what point is age just a number and you have to take into account the severity of what the person has done, and what kind of person they are?  

The more heinous the crime, the less likely people are to use age as a mitigating factor in their punishment.  I think for a lot of people the crime itself is more important than someone's age in the eyes of the law.

6 hours ago, misterBee said:

What if a 12 year old is a brutal murderer, or a serial killer?  At what point is age just a number and you have to take into account the severity of what the person has done, and what kind of person they are?  

The more heinous the crime, the less likely people are to use age as a mitigating factor in their punishment.  I think for a lot of people the crime itself is more important than someone's age in the eyes of the law.

Contextual adulthood is a ludicrous. You are a child, incapable of understanding the consequences of your actions, unless you commit a heinous crime. That makes no logical sense makes to logical sense. If that twelve you old that committed murder was instead a twelve year old that wanted to emancipate themselves from their parents, would they be granted their request? No. They'd be too immature.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Contextual adulthood is a ludicrous. You are a child, incapable of understanding the consequences of your actions, unless you commit a heinous crime. That makes no logical sense makes to logical sense. If that twelve you old that committed murder was instead a twelve year old that wanted to emancipate themselves from their parents, would they be granted their request? No. They'd be too immature.

My point is that like all things age is just another factor when looking at a crime.  It is something that needs to be put in context with everything else.

Age cannot be a one-size-fits-all solution for lots of reasons.  Some minors are harmless and immature. Some minors are literally murderous psychopaths.  It'd be foolish to say all people who are 45 years old should be treated the same because they're 45 years old.  Similarly it'd be a bit hasty to say that all people under the age of 18 should be treated the same.

The type of crime committed, a person's history/record, and many other things have to be considered as well.  There are young people who do terrible things and know exactly what they are doing.  It doesn't always make sense to give them the same leeway as others who do much less terrible things simply because they're not 18 yet.

While laws for minors exist because they work in MOST cases, I think it's a good thing that there are also exceptions to the rule.

While it is true that many, maybe most young people make mistakes because they're young, that isn't always the case. A bit of nuance and a case-by-case look at each situation is needed. 

In the end it's not really about "is this person an adult or not", but more a case of "does this person deserve an adult process/punishment for what they did".

It's been 23 years since I wrote that  paper. Even as adult, my opinion hasn't changed on the matter. It's true age and maturity level are not necessarily tired together. If someone has a low IQ. They can be 60 and still have the maturity level of a child.  In those cases for both good or ill they are treated the same by the law. If an adult of a normal IQ has sexual encounter with adult with a low IQ, they can be charged with a sex crime just like they would be if became involved with someone chronologically immature. The same doesn't apply to minors. They are only bestowed adult status for heinous crimes. In the eyes of the law a minor can only be an adult when they are have done something terrible. Exceptional minors on the other end of the scale don't get the same deference.

In other news.....somethings shouldn't be live action.

They does Alladin look like Wild Dog from Arrow and Jasimie look like a Power Ranger?

Edited by Darc_Requiem