Stage Select
DangerousJ

The SRK2 Saloon Thread

@DangerousJ  Damn I feel old.  I bought one way the hell back on the Japanese base.  Didn't hold up as well as the PS2, but good for the time I had it.

Kevin Samuels just dropped a vid that hits close to home for a lot of today's men.  Have a listen and pass it on if you would.

sheeeiiiiit, yeah I was dropping by specifically to post about this day that gamers shouldn't soon forget.  I didn't get a Dreamcast right away....it would be around January of 2000 when I got mine, basically with the money I received Christmas '99 partially funding that, if I recall.  It was glorious... I was smitten with that system from the first day I got it.  Some like to make excuses for consoles having weak launches like "well it's always not that great in the beginning.."----but NAH, bruh... the lineup for it was good since day 1, at least in my opinion.  haha I was actually laughing at the hardcore PS2 fanboys at the time as they waited, like "yeah dude keep WAITING around for that shit....meanwhile I and other DC fans are having fun RIGHT NOW."  ...but anyway, the graphics were gorgeous at the time.

Off the top of my head... I had Crazy Taxi, MvC1, MvC2, Powerstone, Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Phantasy Star Online, a weird game called Omikron that featured our musical Lord and savior David Bowie, a Capcom action game called Cannon Spike (cameo from Cammy and Megaman; I think B.B. Hood may have been in there too), Quake 3 Arena, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Capcom vs. SNK, GTA 2, and Jet Grind Radio.

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

sheeeiiiiit, yeah I was dropping by specifically to post about this day that gamers shouldn't soon forget.  I didn't get a Dreamcast right away....it would be around January of 2000 when I got mine, basically with the money I received Christmas '99 partially funding that, if I recall.  It was glorious... I was smitten with that system from the first day I got it.  Some like to make excuses for consoles having weak launches like "well it's always not that great in the beginning.."----but NAH, bruh... the lineup for it was good since day 1, at least in my opinion.  haha I was actually laughing at the hardcore PS2 fanboys at the time as they waited, like "yeah dude keep WAITING around for that shit....meanwhile I and other DC fans are having fun RIGHT NOW."  ...but anyway, the graphics were gorgeous at the time.

Off the top of my head... I had Crazy Taxi, MvC1, MvC2, Powerstone, Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Phantasy Star Online, a weird game called Omikron that featured our musical Lord and savior David Bowie, a Capcom action game called Cannon Spike (cameo from Cammy and Megaman; I think B.B. Hood may have been in there too), Quake 3 Arena, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Capcom vs. SNK, GTA 2, and Jet Grind Radio.

I have never owned a real Dreamcast game.

Gonna put a GDEMU in mine eventually so at this point I possibly never will.

._.

48 minutes ago, Angel said:

You got an actual news article or something or are we just spamming lame ass youtube vids bro? 

https://www.macombdaily.com/news/copscourts/chesterfield-township-man-jailed-on-bond-for-posts-about-macomb/article_ac125880-d0fc-11e9-8923-33941dfbdd98.html

I found a news article on the subject. The situation is dubious at best. I didn't see any threats of violence. His threats seem to be in the vain of exposing improprieties. The judge didn't preside over the case in question. It was assigned to her but handed off to a "referee." Didn't know such a thing could concur. Anyway, for him to be jailed, you'd think there would be a direct threat of violence. 

Donovan Sharpe with another vid breaking this woman's article down...

It's amusing when some people want to believe that this is just *some* women....no; I'd bet money it's absolutely most of them.  In their prime years, their decisions on long-term *or* short-term relations are often laughable at best.  It's like they have an IQ of 27 when it comes to that aspect of life.

6 hours ago, Angel said:

You got an actual news article or something or are we just spamming lame ass youtube vids bro? 

You want an article?  I'll give you a..............

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

https://www.macombdaily.com/news/copscourts/chesterfield-township-man-jailed-on-bond-for-posts-about-macomb/article_ac125880-d0fc-11e9-8923-33941dfbdd98.html

I found a news article on the subject. The situation is dubious at best. I didn't see any threats of violence. His threats seem to be in the vain of exposing improprieties. The judge didn't preside over the case in question. It was assigned to her but handed off to a "referee." Didn't know such a thing could concur. Anyway, for him to be jailed, you'd think there would be a direct threat of violence. 

...............Nevermind. 

@misterBee  You may have missed out on the Dreamcast, but that means you didn't run the risk of having THIS thing fall on you.

15050121005.JPG

You can legit put a soda in the middle of it without ever getting close to knocking it over.  If I'm right, that's the biggest physical controller that wasn't a third-party deal.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

On 9/10/2019 at 9:01 AM, Deadly_Raver said:

@misterBee  You may have missed out on the Dreamcast, but that means you didn't run the risk of having THIS thing fall on you.

You can legit put a soda in the middle of it without ever getting close to knocking it over.  If I'm right, that's the biggest physical controller that wasn't a third-party deal.

Nah I didn't miss the Dreamcast.  I have one and used it a lot.

But Dreamcast's only form of copyright protection was that the discs were a custom format (GD-ROM) which wasn't readable by computers.  That worked up until someone figured out how to hook a Dreamcast up to a computer and use the Dreamcast itself as a drive.

Because there was no software copy protection, that meant that once the games were ripped, they could be burned to normal CD-Rs and then played in consoles with 0 modifications required.

Anyone with a CD burner basically had free games.  I had binders filled with Dreamcast games, all burned on CD-R. 🤣

Agetec stick isn't that big.  Just has a large gap in between buttons and stick.  Size-wise it's actually smaller than most sticks today.  Always wanted one...

@Angel

Soul Eater avatars?  In 2019?  😍

FUCK YOU WINDOWS!!! 

DAMN!!  why is this fucking thing updating every night?  ffs.  Ironically enough, the computers I'm barely on aren't updating at ALL.  I wish there was a way to disable the updates completely.  They aren't doing anything other than annoying me out of my sleep and/or fucking up my work anyway.

sheeeitttt, playing Transformers Devastation again has been so great... despite the shortcomings of it...it (and my latest adventures in Astral Chain )reminds me of how much I'd want to see Platinum's take on other beloved old IPs...

Platinum developed POWER RANGERS, bruh.  Holy shit the hype would be off the charts for me with this.

Thundercats.  Silverhawks.

More recent stuff? = Justice League Unlimited, bruh.  I'd be down for that day 1.

He-Man

Visionaries, Sectaurs (not a chance in hell though, of course; I continue to be the only dude in existence that remembers and regularly brings up Sectaurs into casual conversation.  I was the only fan.  Visionaries would be a longshot too but at least some people remember that one.) COPS and GI Joe.

Out of all these I think Power Rangers would fit Platinum's usual style the most though....and as long as you include as many Rangers as possible from a ton of different seasons this would be a day-1 "Ultimate Edition" buy for me, easily.

To add to that list, I think Marvel's Daredevil would fit that style too.  Add a few more elements to it like sneaking about and BOOM. 

The Spiderman world would benefit from it, but they've already got a great style going. 

Man, somebody today tried to tell me they liked watching the Titans show.  Yes.  THAT one. with the edgelord and the streewalker replacing Nightwing and Starfire.  My response? 

spacer.png

I don't think I'll be invited on anymore raids, but fuck 'em.  the truth bombs gonna fly.

Supposedly it got better from what I hear, but it's a big fat "no for me, dawg" as Randy would say to so many bad singers.  That trailer for Titans was some of the most hilariously awful shit I've ever seen in trailer form.... the only positive I could point to was that the guy playing Robin actually looks like him; so they at least got that 1 character right, visually speaking.

haha, "Mighty Keef" with this one 🤣:

yeah for real---- comparing Borderlands to Anthem....ohhhh it's so lopsided it just becomes funny.  

41 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So have yall actually watched Titans or are yall just shitting on it from afar? 

That trailer yo.  I couldn't make it through that trailer.  That whole,"Fuck Batman" thing.   Really son?  Yeah, fuck you too.

................and then......................when I thought it wouldn't get any worse.....................................Starfire...........................

Something inside my soul just twisted and I heard some kind of noise that I couldn't hope to reproduce with any amount of equipment.  You're right that I should watch it, but NO. Hard no.  I'm afraid that it's going to be on the level of NGE's Third Impact level of bad.  It'll be so bad that the sight of it will make my body melt into an Orange slushie in the chair.  I don't want my disembodied soul to be sucked into the Tree of Life!!  NO! DON'T HURT ME!!!

sheeeiiiiittttt, I see the lovely Anne Munition played Gears 5...so of course I must check that out; her reactions to the previous game were golden...it was hilarious how creeped out and disgusted she was when first encountering the "Berserker"....hahah she could barely stand to look at that thing whenever it was on screen 😆

I also want to watch ol' "Darksfadil" play Gears (heh, obviously for different reasons) as well but I'm still not finished with the story just yet; such a dilemma there... I will likely be done with story before the weekend is over at least, if I can resist the temptation of Borderlands 3 for a minute (I already got  "Zane" to level 7 so far... with that character it looks like they combined the concepts of Wilhelm and Doppleganger Jack from Pre-Sequel into 1 character, and I'm absolutely loving it.)

oh another quick Phil update--- yes he has started on Borderlands 3, and yeah.... one of his fans sent him PSN credits to get it....he didn't even have to buy it himself (the result of him strongly "hinting" that he wasn't sure if he could even play it at all since he "can't afford it").  This guy laughs all the way to the bank every time off his gullible fanbase, man. 🤣

On 9/13/2019 at 11:13 PM, Deadly_Raver said:

That trailer yo.  I couldn't make it through that trailer.  That whole,"Fuck Batman" thing.   Really son?  Yeah, fuck you too.

................and then......................when I thought it wouldn't get any worse.....................................Starfire...........................

Something inside my soul just twisted and I heard some kind of noise that I couldn't hope to reproduce with any amount of equipment.  You're right that I should watch it, but NO. Hard no.  I'm afraid that it's going to be on the level of NGE's Third Impact level of bad.  It'll be so bad that the sight of it will make my body melt into an Orange slushie in the chair.  I don't want my disembodied soul to be sucked into the Tree of Life!!  NO! DON'T HURT ME!!!

Gonna keep it 100 with you. When you shit on something that you haven't watched, its not a good look.

Edited by Darc_Requiem