Stage Select
DangerousJ

The SRK2 Saloon Thread

No prob.  That song is a newer offering from an older Psy-trance group known as Infected Mushroom.  My favorite Album from them is called The Gathering.  There are plenty of groups out there, but they are one of the oldest and best.

In that realm one crosses in the journey between sleep and consciousness, I always seem to find the strangest YouTube videos.  I will share this from my latest crossing. 

............................Also:  Ambien is dog poop.  I think I would've fallen asleep faster if I didn't take it.

Posted (edited)

sheeeeit, Project Bluebook is on History channel now...a show about the secret government program that was put together to investigate UFOs....and yep; "Project Bluebook" itself happened to be a real thing, apparently.

haha, watching a dsp "detractor" stream earlier tonight (LSB)... stream-sniped the hell out of him in Smash Ultimate.  The best he could do was 3rd place on 2 occasions, I think...(usually he was last place..and the FIRST dude to be KO or fall off the stage nearly every time) at one point 2 folks from the other stream were the last 2 in the match, and just kept taunting repeatedly until Phil quit the damn match.. Cpt. Falcon's constant "SHOW YA MOVES!" over and over again while Zelda is over there dancing/t-baggin.  Fun was had by all....except our buddy "Darksfadil" of course.  It appears he will NEVER do the lobby shit again with that game.  sheeeeit, if he did I'm tempted to actually get Nintendo's stupid ass online service to get in on the fun directly.  Actually it probably won't be long before he quits the game permanently since he usually gets his ass stomped in it.

ah, and the upload is there...the fun when LSB got in the match starts about here...

Edited by MillionX

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/the-death-of-superman-reign-of-the-supermen-double-feature?date=2019-01-13 00:00:00.000

For anyone interested, Fathom Events has a double feature of the  2018/2019 animated DC films, "Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen" on Jan 13/14.

Sunday Jan 13th showing is at 12:55 pm
Mon Jan. 14th showing is at 8:00 pm

What's nice is that the fee for this is their standard fee ($13.50 in my area) making it a good deal since its 2 films.

sheeeit, some voices I *only* want to hear in the dubbed version.  Zarbon is an example...if it's not the Paul Dobson "Aussie Zarbon" (or someone doing a good impression of that) then the shit isn't real Zarbon, imo.  I can't stand that terrible woman's voice on Japanese version Goku either.  I prefer adult male characters to actually sound like dudes.  I know what Toriyama's intention was there but fuck that it sounds silly and is off-putting. 

Also-- I will only accept dub-version Cowboy Bebop....can't settle for anything different on that one either... (*though I've seen that series countless times; I probably won't ever really watch it again at this point)

*However... the grand finale of DB Super... I am not sure how that will hold up when it's finally airing dubbed on Toonami... it was such an epic final moment there with the music and Universe 7's crowd cheering them on; everything about it was perfect.

*Traffic has been SO terrible lately... I stayed at the office for a while after work yesterday, not even on the clock for overtime...I just stayed to avoid the unbelievably slow traffic that exists in all routes home....this is yet another situation where portable gaming is The Shit.  Of course I had Switch with Smash Ultimate on hand for the occasion.

5 hours ago, misterBee said:

IS IT DUBBED?! 😧

I watched DBZ as a kid dubbed but can't really stand it anymore.

It's dubbed. You'll have to wait for the Blu-Ray. Not sure when that's coming. Movie just hit Japan last month. Toei finally did what game developers do and started localizing the movie during production. So we are getting the dubbed version a month later. Side note: TFS is the best version of DBZ, don't @ me.

sheeeeit, Simon Belmont is SO ridiculous/fun in this Smash Ultimate.... the projectile spam is serious...and I'm whippin' these characters' asses like a pissed off Dad that has taken off his belt.

Some of the latest gold from our favorite "interesting character" Darksfadil---- loose quote on money: "...which is NO ONE, by the way, NO ONE has a lot in savings unless they're rich!"  hahah, ok bruh.  That statement could be correct depending on what kind of numbers he was thinking about when saying "a lot"....but nah, I've been doing just fine with the way I handle my financial situation for the past several years now with a stable job....quite a few people I know personally are basically the same way----it's a very basic mathematical thing-- people who make say... 50k a year shouldn't be living like they make 80k a year, just like someone making 30 shouldn't be trying to live like they make 50, and those in the 100k club shouldn't be trying to live it up like they're earning 600k, and so on.

Edited by MillionX

12 hours ago, MillionX said:

sheeeeit, Simon Belmont is SO ridiculous/fun in this Smash Ultimate.... the projectile spam is serious...and I'm whippin' these characters' asses like a pissed off Dad that has taken off his belt.

Some of the latest gold from our favorite "interesting character" Darksfadil---- loose quote on money: "...which is NO ONE, by the way, NO ONE has a lot in savings unless they're rich!"  hahah, ok bruh.  That statement could be correct depending on what kind of numbers he was thinking about when saying "a lot"....but nah, I've been doing just fine with the way I handle my financial situation for the past several years now with a stable job....quite a few people I know personally are basically the same way----it's a very basic mathematical thing-- people who make say... 50k a year shouldn't be living like they make 80k a year, just like someone making 30 shouldn't be trying to live like they make 50, and those in the 100k club shouldn't be trying to live it up like they're earning 600k, and so on.

I want to add my two cents to what Million said. 

Mainly, broke people are people who only earn 50k trying to live like they make 100k while your average wealthy person is someone earning 100k who lives like they make 50k.  I'm slowly adopting and using that simple piece of strategy and it is paying off dividends, figuratively and literally.   If I had been doing this from the start, I would've been much further ahead now.  Still, better late than never.   Maybe one  day ol' DSP will figure that out. 

...annnd of course the voice memos app is fucked on iPhone at the moment...of course....and since it is probably a minor, not so popular app...it's probably never getting fixed, I bet. (basically, you can't "trim" a recording and actually save that...so it has to be just recorded perfectly since editing is not a working thing right now....amazing that they managed to fuck up such a basic thing)  Y'know, this is truly one company I hope eventually fails so hard it actually goes away forever some day.  Apple is straight trash these days, man.  I only even have this damn phone because it was gifted to me, actually.  

*the pro controller on Switch---this is absolutely worthy of the hype it gets, man... since they basically copied the legendary xbox 360 S-control design.

Edited by MillionX

Jurassic Ultra Magnus?  Hmmm....  They may have jumped the Sharkticon on that  one.

I don't know how many of you play Warframe, but I've been on it for a while.  For the longest I hadn't gotten the character called Mesa.  Today I got Mesa Prime.....................

This character is EXCELLENT.  The power, the look, the tools, EVERYTHING.  If you're playing this one, you need to make sure you have a Mesa in your arsenal and you'll be blowing away anything in sight.

cheh, it continues to be such a shame that there's no real story/campaign in Overwatch, man... this game has one of the best overall roster of characters I've seen in many years... such great designs...and yet it's still a multiplayer-only thing.  The only story content is from the occasional animated short they put online.  I can't be the only one that would immediately buy a more story-driven, "Borderlands" kind of thing (as we wait another 55 years before Borderlands 3) with that cast...if it was released that way---a normal story-driven game that *also* featured the multiplayer stuff... I would've bought it day 1, easily.

*oh yeah--- Warframe is the shit... it's an odd thing for me though... there will be times where I play for a little bit...then I get keep getting distracted by other games since there's sooo much going on in the games industry these days... I'm still in early-game on that, with only one of the starting characters.  It still amazes me that a game of such quality and incredible design is free.

Edited by MillionX

currently watching a female streamer on Twitch... it's still a surreal thing for me to even see girls playing games, especially with that level of skill.  At least for my generation (those of us old-timers who grew up in the Atari and Nintendo days), that simply wasn't a big thing back in the day.... if a girl played it was probably just a way for her to kill time on her brother's NES/Atari....chances are she wasn't REALLY into that shit.  Maybe it could be a bit of a racial/cultural thing as well? haha my school was 100% pure blackness in terms of the student population.

*on another note... I just made another Mii character for Smash by the name "Deebo"..but in the game I've named him "Nigga-Ways"...kinda tough choice which name to settle on---of course Deebo would be the safe option for online.  Y'know, it's surprising the game doesn't automatically censor that word even offline... 😄  I'll be making other "racially insensitive" characters as well for my own amusement.