Stage Select
DangerousJ

The SRK2 Saloon Thread

I just saw Lion King 2019.

Pros: 

The special fx for the characters and settings looks photorealistic. Excellent work.

The voice work for most of the  characters with my favs being JEJ as Mufasa, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa, Eichner as Timon, John Oliver as Zazu, Alfre Woodard(Mariah) as Sarabi

Cons:

Whereas Aladdin was 85-90 percent accurate to the original, this is 99%. Very little is new. The biggest addition is 1-2 scenes with Scar and Sarabi. They took out some scenes between Simba and Rafiki which lessens the emotional impact. 1-2 funny gags in the climax were changed.

Though the CG is great, the emotions during certain pivotal moments are not there. This is where hand drawn animation trumps CG imo.

Beyonce as Nala just sounds like Beyonce and is a bit flat.
Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar is trying his darndest but cant match the sinister malevolence of Jeremy Irons. (He is much better than the Marwan Kenzari as live action Jafar though.)

Overall: It feels like they tried to take the original and overlay CG over it like SF2 HD remix took comic art and pasted it over CPS2 sprites. It feels hollow. 

5/10

I had to look it up again just now... one of my favorite anime clips of all time at this point, godDAMN that shit was awesome in every possible way, man...the visuals/animation and the music....sheeeiiiiiittttttt

when I first saw this shit I had to just sit back and reflect on the awesomeness I had just witnessed... goddamn, man...😮

haha, well this is pretty interesting... (note that this settlement was without his approval)
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/Cosby-Accuser-Janice-Dickinson-says-Deal-Brings-Some-Justice-513205091.html

the same woman that admitted last year she lied in her memoirs about simply turning Cosby down back in the day (claiming the passage in the book was a lie, but the rape she accused him of more recently was what really happened), btw....but surely she's perfectly credible, right?  
https://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-cosby-accuser-admits-concocting-story-memoir/story?id=54417214

Posted (edited)

X-men's Greatest Moments:

Uncanny X-men 141- Days of Future Past  Part 1...

cove.jpg

The future X-men of 2013 send Kitty's adult mind into her younger body to change the past. (One of the best covers in X-men history)

This issue has the first appearance of Pyro, Avalanche, and Destiny and along with Mystique(a Carol Danvers villain) and the old X-villain Blob make up the second incarnation of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

Brotherhood1.jpg

In the future, the team is led by a wheelchair bound Magneto! Also, Rachel Summers (or Grey) is introduced here. Franklin Richards (child of Reed and Sue) is also part of the team

Rachel.jpg

The Sentinels killed and enslaved mutants and many non -mutant superheroes who tried to fight back.

mutant.jpg

Edited by DangerousJ

Posted (edited)

X-men's Greatest Moments:

Uncanny x-men 142: Days of Future Past part 2

cover.jpg

First meeting of Nightcrawler and Mystique.. (Their mother/son relationship would not be definitively revealed until X-men Unlimited no.4 in 1994 (14 years after this story)

mystique.jpg

After Logan, Storm gets the shaft..  literally

storm-days-of-future-past-comic-death.pn

Kate saves the day!

elbow.jpg

Or does she.. DUN DUN DUUN!

aka Never trust a ginger..

Gyrich.jpg

Edited by DangerousJ

oh, so now we know the dad in the situation of this broad that was on social media calling her own son ugly (it does look like something is actually wrong with the kid, btw...his left eye is bugged out like Uncle Ruckus for some reason!)

bizarre thing is that....if she's really pinning that on his daddy...why did she fuck that dude then? ....AND allow herself to get pregnant AND proceed to have the child?  There's such a long list of things women do that is so profoundly stupid it be becomes fascinating.

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

oh, so now we know the dad in the situation of this broad that was on social media calling her own son ugly (it does look like something is actually wrong with the kid, btw...his left eye is bugged out like Uncle Ruckus for some reason!)

bizarre thing is that....if she's really pinning that on his daddy...why did she fuck that dude then? ....AND allow herself to get pregnant AND proceed to have the child?  There's such a long list of things women do that is so profoundly stupid it be becomes fascinating.

..........................Stand back.  I've got to get the scalpel out.  But, before that...............Let me hit the button.

First of all bitch, FUCK YOU!!!  Fuck your stupid ass for being born, fuck you for disgracing the eyeballs of the free world with this video, FUCK your damn internet provider for not making up an excuse to disable your connection, and FUCK ALL THE RACISTS in the world.  America is supposed to be full to bursting with racists of all kinds, and not ONE of these fuckers could get over there and at least slap the shit outta her!? 

Just have to drop one before we get started.   NOW we can get it on. 

Now how is this bitch gonna talk about her kid like that on a video?  Is she that damn retarded?  Really?  Did she even have any kind of reasoning for having a baby?  This dumb fucking......................

You were worried about having an ugly baby?  BITCH, LOOK AT THE FUCKING DUDE YOU SLEPT WITH!!  He look like a black David Spade and your ass has on makeup and weave trying to say what is or isn't ugly.   If this is what's in YOUR heart then that baby has an ugly future in front of him.

Also, WHAT THE FUCK are you hammering on the kid's back for?  sounds like a drum with a heavy towel on it!! There is NO reason to be beating a kid like that!  Da fuck outta here!

And the bitch gonna seriously gonna call up the father.  I guess I should be happy for her that she even knows who he is, but I'm just out of patience with her.  "Why my baby ugly?"  She even SAID that she knew there was a possibility that the baby would look like,"his daddy".  If you roll in the hay with a donkey, you might end up with a jackass!!  You didn't go for the black stallion, you went for Mr. Ed.  You didn't go for Superman, you got with Bizarro!  Your results are bad because your choices are bad!

Now everybody keep in mind that SHE has a baby.  Yeah.  THAT person right there in the video.  That's somebody's mother right there.  THAT is what that kid will have as his first contact with life.  A mother who has shown, on video, contempt and hatred for him.   And sooner or later we'll be funding the abuse she will lay onto him through our tax dollars.  And there is a 70% chance he'll grow up to be the next ugly mother fucker who's laid up with a bitch just like his mom so that we'll have the sequel to this video, probably in less than 17 years.  Fuck ALL this shit.  Cut off welfare and food stamps.  She Packed that baggage, let HER carry it.

21 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

OG Ratchet was one of the worst Transformers.

Cosmos just called me and asked,"Yo. Raver.  Why is Darc_Requiem trying to give away a title I've worked so hard for?"

.............................I hung up, but I must admit his words have merit.  Cosmos is the most worthless Transformer of all time.