Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
Darc_Requiem

The DC Movie & TV Thread

I haven't seen a single one yet. They seem kinda corny to me. Am I wrong?

IMO they are entertaining but the quality varies between seasons.

I think theyre generally better than most of the Dc theatrical movies (Except Wonder Woman)

Flash and Arrow in S1 and S2 were great but their 3/4 seasons were mediocre or bad(Arrow S4)

Black Lightning is in its 1st season and despite me knowing nothing of the character , I really like it.

IT has a different vibe than the others because the main character is older and has kids and it doesnt really have a villain of the week feel that the others had starting out.

Legends was just ok in Season 1 , nd improved significantly in S2 imo.

They do have some cheesy elements but I Think overall theyre good.

On 2/24/2018 at 11:52 AM, misterBee said:

I haven't seen a single one yet. They seem kinda corny to me. Am I wrong?

Well that's why Black Lightning is a bit surprising. It's more like a Netflix series than a CW series. Despite being from the same creative team, it was originally a Fox pilot that The CW picked up. Maybe that is why the show has such a different tone.

Not that the other shows have completely identical tones though. Black Lightning is just so far removed from the others tonally. Arrow was previously the most "serious" show. Flash is the more "comic booky" show with a lighter tone. Legends of Tomorrow doesn't take itself seriously and is frankly a bit ridiculous which is part of the shows charm.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:02 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

MisterBee, I know you aren't too keen on the DC shows but you need to give Black Lightning a try. I'm really digging the show. Tonight's episode was damned good.

Heh my queue of movies/TV shows/anime is so damn long already. I'll consider it.

I can't stress enough what a pleasant surprise Black Lighting has been.

tumblr_p4vlyzhtrX1u55c40o4_400.gif

Side note: Arrow hasn't been as strong this season as last season. That said. They definitely took an interesting turn in the last episode. Not sure if things can ever be the same after this.

On 3/5/2018 at 2:00 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

@DangerousJ How soon do you think Jennifer will get her powers. I'm thinking the last 3 episodes of the season.

I have a feeling the last episode will "tease" it, and maybe fully show it in S2.

Yo, this nigga La-La cheating death by absorbing people's souls as tattoos?

Also, very clever of Tobias to frame Black Lightning for Lady Eve's murder.

DC can’t cast for shit. Nothing new here.

Luckily JL was atleast entertaining, while WW was actually decent.

I'm meh Kristen Wiig playing Cheetah. The character is no scared cow and one that's been rebooted many times. If the movie goes the friend turned enemy route they should save the heel turn for a third movie.

I'm meh on it as well but Patty Jenkins did such a good job with Gal as Wonder Woman that I think she can make Wiig work. Gal isn't that good of an actress and she didn't have the build for the role. Yet with excellent direction she worked. I think Jenkins has a lot more to work with in Wiig.

Well my assessment of this weeks shows, sans Arrow, which comes on tomorrow.

Legends - I usually turn my brain off for this show. It's dumb fun, but they continually go back to pre-segregation Southern USA and have interracial couples walk around and usually no one bats an eye. I can't look past that. I'm from Virginia. I mean this Elvis episode was worse than when Jax was hitting on a white girl in Season 1. At least the people reacted in that episode. I got dirty looks when I walked through a mall with one of my white friends in 2000 and we weren't even dating. Amaya and Nate strolling around 1954 Memphis and no one gives a fuck.....really!?

Flash - Season 1 of this show was so good. Season 2 was okay. This season is basically been meh. It's not Arrow Season 3 and 4 bad but I watch it out of habit at this point. Not really caring for Ralph's character. I also don't understand why the least qualified member of Team Flash, Iris, is leading the team. You've got four genius level characters (Barry, Caitlyn, Cisco, and Harry. A police detective in Joe.) Yet Iris in charge :get_outta_here:

Black Lightning - My surprise show of the season. I've been enjoying this show the most out of the CW shows. It doesn't have the typical CW melodrama and the storylines, for superhero show, are pretty grounded. I hope they can keep up the good work.

I'm with you on the episode of Legends. The fact there was no racism at all in the time period they were in completely took me out of the episode. Amaya and Zari walk into a all white church and no one says a thing? Wally talks to a highly prejudice preacher and nothing? This is bullshit. Sucks because the show has addressed the racism of the time period before.

Season 1 Flash was probably the single greatest TV hero show of this millennium, hands down. It went downhill after Season 1 but the scene with his mom in season 2, i'm not gonna lie, i teared up that shit hurt my heart.