Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
Darc_Requiem

The DC Movie & TV Thread

y'know, it just hit me that nothing really came of that odd thing where Barry was speaking and writing gibberish after coming back from the Speed Force dimension.  It was oddly referenced when Harrison was speaking apparently the same nonsense later on the finale but no real connection or explanation there....  the shit was just strange; when you have an unusual thing that could've been an interesting plot point but go on to do absolutely nothing with it...

This reminds me that it's funny when things or even whole characters just get dropped in a show... let's see:

• That other daughter from Family Matters...went up to her room one day and was never seen or heard from again.
  • The Strain - Regina King was an agent or personal assistant or something to the rock star character in season 1...when shit hit the fan she got scared and ran off.  Early on I figured she might be a regular but we never saw her again. 🤣
  • The Strain again - Vaughn; he was supposed to be the show's "Quinlan", but apparently they didn't like the way he was shaping up so....he and his team of "SWAT" vamps were unceremoniously killed and never referenced again; later we got introduced to the actual "Quinlan" as a redone version of the intended character.
  • Vampire Diaries, season 1 - a crow appears before Damon shows up, and he mentioned to Stefan this was on purpose and that he even figured out a cool thing he could do with creating a fog, presumably because he's so powerful from regularly feeding on human blood, unlike Stefan at the time.......annnd these powers are never covered or mentioned again for the rest of the series.
  • Heroes - didn't "Hiro" have some irish girlfriend from the future or something...and she just disappeared too? 🤣  That girl was never mentioned again.

@MillionX It's something that is carrying on to next season. I hope the writing is better. I really wish these CW shows would either have shorter seasons or follow the format of Season 4 of Agents of Shield. Season 4 of Agents of Shield had three major arcs in one season. It was basically 3 mini seasons in one. There were no filler episodes the entire season. The strongest CW show this year was Black Lightning. I think part of the reason for that was the 13 episode season.

Posted (edited)

Flash Season 5 Teaser Trailer

Supergirl Season 4 Teaser Trailer

Arrow Season 7 Trailer

Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Trailer

Black Lightning Comic Con Trailer (Season 1 Synopsis)

Edited by Darc_Requiem

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/batman-the-animated-series-celebrates-25-years-at-sdcc-2018

Batman TAS Bluray Complete Deluxe edition to be released on October 16th.

The Blu-Ray is set to drop Oct. 16 and will contain remastered versions of the original 85 episodes that aired between 1992 and 1995. In addition, the collection will also include the 24 episodes of The New Batman Adventures, which was a follow-up to the first show, running from 1997 to 1999. In addition to the discs, fans who purchase the box set will get three Funko figures (Batman, Harley, Joker), cards depicting certain scenes from the show, a behind-the-scenes featurette on the making of the series, and some other awesome goodies.

img_3457.jpg?itok=1ZSozNzh&timestamp=153

Posted (edited)

oooh yes now that's prime time...she would've been a good choice for the role for sure.  That ass would get ate.

The people behind the new Titans show apparently forgot that most characters on tv...especially major female ones....they're supposed to be HOT.  It's kind of an unspoken rule with television, or entertainment in general, really.  Who wants to tune in to see some characters that don't look good?  Let's see--- random typical CW show that's loaded with smokin' hot girls....or a show that's giving you Oprah Winfrey, Camryn Manheim, Lena Dunham, Michael Moore, Gabby Siddebe, etc.....that's not exactly a tough choice there.

I've been looking up reaction vids now on this shit...it's cracking me up every time I see the shocked expressions and awkward silences, always followed by profound disappointment and sadness... it's gold, man

ohooooo and now Angry Joe has posted his reaction... this is the one I was waiting actually, as I expect him to rip that shit even harder than most people:

Edited by MillionX

22 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm a loner by nature and modern society is doing nothing to change that. I'm actually thinking of trying to be more social the more I see shit like this. I'm glad I stick to myself.

No no no don't become a hermitttttt.

It's perfectly fine to have a twitter account.  If you're shy just set it so that only ppl you know can see your posts.

man, what a damn time to lose Schnepp... I can't help but imagine the anticipation of rushing over to Collider to check what kind of harsh commentary he would likely have for the upcoming Titans show.  Yeah I'm still looking up reactions on occasion here... it's funny to see people that previously might've defended the shit admit that---"oooh...yeah this is looking terrible... I can't defend this."

@MillionX Yeah man the Schnepp situation hurts. It's weird, never met the man but I'm still sad. His knowledge was extensive and his enthusiasm infectious. He was one of the few reasons I still bothered with Collider. He and Harloff. I don't always agree with Harloff but he doesn't blow smoke up your ass.

Posted (edited)

the fallout continues...haha I should've seen this coming... 🤣

The strange thing is that she actually looks kinda cute, imo... I've just looked up various non-Starfire pics online.... but it's like they went out of their way to make her look as unappealing as possible in this shit

Edited by MillionX

On 7/27/2018 at 9:39 PM, TheInfernoman said:

Oh nooooo she disabled hee Instagram. Clearly that means it's due to misogyny and racism. 

Who cares about misogyny or racism.  The hate she was probably getting from upset comic nerds was probably more than enough for anyone to close their account.