Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
misterBee

Feedback and Requests Thread

Post any bugs or issues here. Let me know if there are any features you'd really like to see!

If anything on the site looks messed up, please do a hard refresh with CTRL+Refresh first!

Your browser may have cached an old version. If the problem persists, then post it below along with your browser version so I can fix it.

On 1/20/2018 at 8:03 AM, Mr_Wizard said:

Would like to see emojis and react buttons. That would be nice

React buttons are a bit broken in the latest versions of Vanilla, but I'll look into alternatives.

As for emoji, they already work! Just type the corresponding code from the table below:

Twitter_Emoji-5.png?t=1516385241778

Site's looking great. One small QoL feature would be nice, though. The Home › srk2 News/Feedback forum navigation links on the top; it'd be nice if they were also on the bottom of the site layout, either above or below the chatbox.

As it is currently, you finish reading a thread, and then gotta go all the way back up across the thread to leave it (or use the Home key). It's a tiny thing, but one that you get easily used to. :lol:

One thing I've noticed is the reactions display the full sized av of whomever reacts to a post. This can cause an image to cover the text of a post above it.

On 1/24/2018 at 6:05 AM, Cathrao said:

Site's looking great. One small QoL feature would be nice, though. The Home › srk2 News/Feedback forum navigation links on the top; it'd be nice if they were also on the bottom of the site layout, either above or below the chatbox.

As it is currently, you finish reading a thread, and then gotta go all the way back up across the thread to leave it (or use the Home key). It's a tiny thing, but one that you get easily used to. :lol:

@Cathrao Added!

On 1/24/2018 at 1:20 PM, Reiraku said:

One thing I've noticed is the reactions display the full sized av of whomever reacts to a post. This can cause an image to cover the text of a post above it.

@Reiraku Do a hard refresh with CTRL+Refresh. If you still have this problem, please let me know what browser you are using.

On 2/8/2018 at 1:35 PM, DarkSakul said:

I am starting to like this forum better than the old Soviet Republicks Kountry

Glad to hear it. =)

Logo needs some life tbh

feels cheap and souless, like AngelPalm

On 3/9/2018 at 11:32 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey @misterBee can we get a whistle emoji? Something like this maybe? e5018163.png

I might have changed the emoji set after reading this.

Yahoo_Emoticons-5.png

Stage Select is awesome! just discovered it and now i'm rocking 3rd Strike Alex background. are you planning to add more?

On 3/14/2018 at 1:56 AM, poot said:

Stage Select is awesome! just discovered it and now i'm rocking 3rd Strike Alex background. are you planning to add more?

Yes! I add more every once in a while. Lately I've been experimenting with ways to upgrade the forum with new features, but once that's sorted out I'll be back to bringing in new themes. :smile:

On 3/14/2018 at 1:59 AM, misterBee said:
On 3/14/2018 at 1:56 AM, poot said:

Yes! I add more every once in a while. Lately I've been experimenting with ways to upgrade the forum with new features, but once that's sorted out I'll be back to bringing in new themes. :smile:

that's great! i'd like to see Haomaru's BG from SS1 or any SamSho game really.

Posted (edited)

Feedback on Invision (Desktop variant, phone is fine):

-Some fonts are a bit harder to read now. Dunno if it's a font or scaling issue, but basically everything outside of the actual posts seems...a little bit blurry?

-The PM system seems impractical and wasteful in its default state. Would be nice to move the message browser to the top, and messages underneath, so that they're all full-size.

Edited by Cathrao

4 hours ago, Cathrao said:

Feedback on Invision (Desktop variant, phone is fine):

-Some fonts are a bit harder to read now. Dunno if it's a font or scaling issue, but basically everything outside of the actual posts seems...a little bit blurry?

-The PM system seems impractical and wasteful in its default state. Would be nice to move the message browser to the top, and messages underneath, so that they're all full-size.

Readability is something I'm working on - expect many theme tweaks over the next few days!

The site is looking good. 

Is there a way to go straight to the first unread post in a thread automatically?

For the saloon thread,I usually click the last page and manually scroll down to the last post.

On the Vanilla SRK setup before the change to Discourse , it would take me straight to the new content by clicking the thread title. I really liked that.

17 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

The site is looking good. 

Is there a way to go straight to the first unread post in a thread automatically?

For the saloon thread,I usually click the last page and manually scroll down to the last post.

On the Vanilla SRK setup before the change to Discourse , it would take me straight to the new content by clicking the thread title. I really liked that.

Yes! 

If you have posted in a thread before, it will have a star icon on the left.  The star icon will be brighter if there are unread posts.  Click the star to see the first unread post.

If you haven't posted in a thread before and there are unread posts, you will see a circle icon next to it instead.  Clicking  it will bring you to the first unread post.

If you want to see the VERY LATEST post (not just the first unread one), go to the part of the thread listing where they show the latest poster.  There should be a time stamp.  Click it to go to the latest post.

• +1 1

The whole "adjust size" thing for a new avatar doesn't work very well on mobile. Moving the square scrolls the page at the same time

1 hour ago, Poltergeist said:

The whole "adjust size" thing for a new avatar doesn't work very well on mobile. Moving the square scrolls the page at the same time

I'll look into it, but this one might not be fixable.  Might just have to do with how Invision coded this feature. :anguished: