Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
misterBee

Feedback and Requests Thread

@misterBee Since the recent change over I haven't been able to start more than one PM thread. Every time I try I get the message that my Inbox is full and I need to delete messages before I can send more. But all I have in there is one thread with like 8 messages in it. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. I would have PM'd you about this but wasn't so much an option. :wink:

On 3/26/2018 at 7:30 AM, GetTheTables said:

@misterBee Since the recent change over I haven't been able to start more than one PM thread. Every time I try I get the message that my Inbox is full and I need to delete messages before I can send more. But all I have in there is one thread with like 8 messages in it. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. I would have PM'd you about this but wasn't so much an option. :wink:

Ok this should be fixed now!  PM has been sent to you. 😃

First off, I'm new and just wanted to say that I love the theme selector. Very unique! Being as I'm new, I'm not sure how things have been or the workings behind the mind of the powers that be; but, I'd like to ask a few things.

1.) Has the layout always been this condensed? I ask because I'm used to a majority of communities that usually differentiate between general and media-themed threads. I just want to make sure before I start trying to navigate toward contributing threads and activity.

2.) Is there a FAQ about the history of this place? When I was browsing this community as a guest, I was trying to figure out/understand the history behind the community and the general focus; but, other than grasping that it's based around fighting games, I couldn't discern much nor the fact that it was a version 2.0?

42 minutes ago, bittersweet said:

First off, I'm new and just wanted to say that I love the theme selector. Very unique! Being as I'm new, I'm not sure how things have been or the workings behind the mind of the powers that be; but, I'd like to ask a few things.

1.) Has the layout always been this condensed? I ask because I'm used to a majority of communities that usually differentiate between general and media-themed threads. I just want to make sure before I start trying to navigate toward contributing threads and activity.

2.) Is there a FAQ about the history of this place? When I was browsing this community as a guest, I was trying to figure out/understand the history behind the community and the general focus; but, other than grasping that it's based around fighting games, I couldn't discern much nor the fact that it was a version 2.0?

Welcome! 😃

1) One of the problems with the old forums was that it was too spread out.  The general policy here is that we try to keep things as condensed as possible until a separate thread/subforum/whatever is warranted.  Since we are a small community, it makes sense to focus activity rather than have it spread out everywhere.  We do not have any rules concerning where users can/can't post media.

2) The basic story is that back in January SRK announced the forums were closing.  I poured work into building an alternative, only to find out several weeks later that SRK had decided to keep their forums running after all.  After some careful thought I decided to go ahead with my site anyway, reasoning that SRK management really didn't care about their forums and there was no telling if something like this would happen again.  I decided I would make a small, focused forum run by people who care and who actually listen and respond to community feedback.  We may never get the numbers that the 'other place' gets, but you can be sure that here your suggestions will be heard.

We are fighting game focused due to our origins, but in reality our most popular threads are actually not fighting game related.  As long as you follow our rules, you can post whatever you like!

It's always good to see new faces.  I hope you have a great time here! ❤️ 

1 hour ago, bittersweet said:

Is there any way to get a media sub-forum? I have a plethora of media-oriented threads I could create as well as some general and/or serious run of the mill content.

What kind of threads do you have in mind?  Sub-forums are defined currently by subject matter more than the type of content.

Just media threads ranging from specific movies, subject about movies (actors/actresses/favorite films) to video games, literature, music and television.

For example:

1.)  Specific show related threads

2.) Console oriented discussions? Like an evolved form of the current video game thread; but, with one of each for the current consoles.

3.) Game series discussions?

3.) Literature threads

4.)  Maybe movie news?

Which would then open up the ability to hold discussions fitness/health, cooking, body art/tattoos, etc in the general.

2 hours ago, bittersweet said:

Just media threads ranging from specific movies, subject about movies (actors/actresses/favorite films) to video games, literature, music and television.

For example:

1.)  Specific show related threads

2.) Console oriented discussions? Like an evolved form of the current video game thread; but, with one of each for the current consoles.

3.) Game series discussions?

3.) Literature threads

4.)  Maybe movie news?

Which would then open up the ability to hold discussions fitness/health, cooking, body art/tattoos, etc in the general.

Pretty much all of those go into General Discussion.  If things get clogged up I'll move them to appropriate subforums.  Just make sure that if a thread already exists for something you want to talk about you post there.

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Anyone else have their stage selection reset to default?

Is it not saving your preference anymore?  It's still working here for me.