Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I think I need an intervention. I have 90 hours into Octopath Traveler. It's only been two weeks help 😔

Quit that lame shit and start practicing anime games so @GetTheTables and I can destroy you.

8 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Quit that lame shit and start practicing anime games so @GetTheTables and I can destroy you.

Nah fam, I haven't played a Square Enix JRPG of this caliber in decades.  If I could practice fighting games that I'm not interested in Tekken 7 wouldn't be covered in virtual dust ony PC and actual dust on my coffee table. Still haven't opened the free PS4 copy that came with my Qanba Obsidian.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I think I need an intervention. I have 90 hours into Octopath Traveler. It's only been two weeks help 😔

I finished  Chapter 1 for each character and now I'm going spend some time exploring and opening up the map. Loving it so far, and it gets better and better the more I play it. 

Posted (edited)

yeah, it looks like they finally did a *slight* upgrade from the PS2-caliber graphics... so that definitely interests me.  I still have fond memories of EDF2017 on the 360 from way back... sheeeeit, that was over 10 years ago at this point.  I also had 2025 and "Insect Armageddon", which actually did have better graphics than the rest of them...but less stages/missions.

Edited by MillionX

Interesting... I'd like to then control my monsters though... sadly it doesn't look like that's the case, but I'm already interested to see what's possible...and of course I have all kinds of sick, disgusting creatures I would make...

Posted (edited)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC is to be commended. $30 for new modes, quests, rare blades, etc. That alone would have been worth it. The Torna expansion is literally a full game and it's also included with the $30 expansion pass. I swear this DLC reminds me of one of those late night infomercials that keeps throwing in more content for "only $19.95!"

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Posted (edited)

I'm enjoying the hell out of Octopath Traveler. When I first heard about the eight story format and lack of overarching narrative I was skeptical, but it turns out it's actually really awesome.

Edited by Chadouken
Typo

Posted (edited)

I'll have to just get this damn game, man.... because no one will ever remake it or produce a sequel 

This could be so damn awesome if remade with today's visuals... but whatever company that still owns the rights is just content to let it sit forever *not* making money, I guess.  Vamp fans at least have Vampyr now, of course... and perhaps Code Vein if it ever comes out at some point in the next goddamn century.

Edited by MillionX

10 hours ago, DanZan said:

Just want to remind everyone of the Shenmue re-release. 2 of the best experiences one could ever have, all in 1 package (AND YOU GET A POSTER TOO!).

81eU97-UFzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Don't worry I'll be sure to get it. =3

cheh, I’m still amused by the fact that Nintendo showed Luigi getting killed in that Smash Bros. trailer yesterday.

In other news... Dead Cells continues to be The Shit.  It's all I've been playing lately.

haha, that former IGN reviewer made a video/formal statement on youtube.... I think that's just making it worse... he should've just tried to fly under the radar for a while and wait for the general gaming public to forget it.

*finally I beat a boss (a monster called "The Concierge") on Dead Cells.  Yeah it took quite a while.... I relied heavily on just trying to parry everything with my shield.  That's been my top choice for my secondary weapon, btw the basic shield... then any upgraded shield I find later.  I think that's a bit more valuable in this game than having the arrows or other projectile weapon.  I'm also just now realizing you can even parry/reflect the bombs back to the large pink monsters... I never tried it before, just found that out by accident yesterday.  I also love any of the upgrades that grant increased speed after a kill...that and the "+ ___ DPS" damage boost per kill... it naturally encourages a fast, aggressive play-style, which is something I usually prefer in most games.  

On another note--a great look back on Fable (I still loved part 2 overall, even though it had a final villain encounter that was THE worst shit I've seen/played in all my years of gaming):