Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

On 10/13/2018 at 9:09 PM, DanZan said:

Fist of the north star : Lost paradise

Buy it!

Next thing on my list.

I platted the O.G. PS3 Ken's Rage.

Best believe I'll plat an actually GOOD HNK game. 

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I need an intervention. I can't stop using Character Creation in Soul Calibur VI. I don't even play the game anymore. If I didn't have to go a doctor's appointment. I fear I would have fiddled with it all day. 😧

I see nothing wrong here.  Carry on. :coffee:

with all the interesting people and events that have popped up in the years since the previous Soul Calibur, there's all kinds of sick, "in poor taste" ideas I have for the new one... can't wait to get crackin' on this shit...just off the top of my head we have:

Elliot Rodgers, the Supreme Gentleman

Don "Grab 'em by the Pussy" Trump, of course

Harvey Weinstein

Caitlyn Jenner <--SC creation system is just begging for this shit because you "anatomically correct" people is very possible.  I made a "chick with a dick" in the last game easily so it should be no different here.

...and of course our old buddy the living meme himself...  "darksfadil", aka "dark-si-dafil",  Phil, "Dave", etc.... 

(*for those not crazy enough to keep up with the "lore" like I do--- "darksfadil" originated when this random dude showed up in... I think it was PUBG or Black Ops mispronouncing the name, saying "damnnnn darksfadil you trash, bro!"  Oh yes there's also "The Guy" 🤣)

Edited by MillionX

^yesssssss now that's what I'm talking about.  Since Donny is always at the top of the headlines on a regular basis, I'm sure countless players have made him in the game already.  Character creation, man...it's always a wonderful thing.😄  There's probably some Kim Jong Uns and Vladimir Putins out there too, I'm sure....and some are no doubt making Osama bin Ladens, though that's obviously  bit "old hat", at this point, imo.

*Also--that horrible version of Starfire from the live action Titans

Rian Roundhead Johnson

the new Pennywise

ooooh shit---then there's the "youtuber" category as well--- Mundane "WAITAMINUTE, Matt NO!!!!" Matt, maybe Nicole Arbour, Tommy Sotomayor,, Cenk from TYT (the older and fatter he gets, the more that guy looks like the real life Fred Flintstone), etc.

Edited by MillionX

On another note.... Lost Ark looks cool....BUT it's a goddamn MMO, and I just don't like that entire genre... I prefer offline-capable action-RPG stuff....get that MMO shit (and its inherent "online-only" requirement that goes with the genre)  the hell out of the mix.  Otherwise, this game does look quite outstanding, and perfectly suited to my taste....the character customization in it is awesome.

On another note... I finally bought a replacement Switch joycon connector thing...apparently it's simply called the "grip"... I kept looking around but every time all they had was the ugly red shit...both plain and a version that is red with a picture of Mario on the front.... which looks even more tacky, imo....I went on and bought the plain red one.  The strange thing is the huge difference in price I noticed between 2 of them... there's one that is black with clear parts I've seen everywhere... for some reason that shit is around 27.99!  The normal price on the joycon "grip" thing is like 7 or 8 bucks.... I guess having "clear" sections of the thing warrants an extra 20 bucks!?  The red one I bought was the normal 7.99.

Edited by MillionX

1 thing that annoys me about some rpgs.... gender-locked classes, man... like if they're allowing you to customize/create the character, why say this one still HAS to be ______  though?  If I were making a game; that's one little aspect of it that would also be up to the player... male or female.  It surprises me that this isn't just a standard thing in those types of games.  It's one thing D3 got right--- Wizard and the rest can be a man or a woman...instead of other games where mage "has to be" a woman for some reason.

*speaking of---I just hit level 70 a little while ago; paragon level 6 shortly after that.

*Apparently there is a Necromancer bug from what I hear...curses don't work as often as they should on the Switch version.

Edited by MillionX

Heh, man I checked the official Diablo forums out of curiosity and noticed that old topic of "Offline Mode" is still going on... PC version will forever be online-only, but some of them over there still have hope.

The amazing thing is how many pc fanboys still defend that nonsense, hanging onto the "anti cheaters" point... or if you bring up console versions they might be inclined to respond with a snooty "yeah  have fun playing with hackers/cheaters, dude".... like there's no "botting" on PC versions?  That thing I hear about on occasion doesn't exist?  Also---it only affects you if you allow it into your game and give a shit anyway.  I've played console D3 100% of the time over the bootleg ass PC version since it came out... I have played with a hacker(*or at least someone that had hacked items) precisely ONCE in all these years...the dude was a friend of a friend I regularly play with, and *GASP* we still had a good time despite how ridiculous his character was.  Random people doing shit in their game world doesn't have any effect on my good times; I never play with those people anyway.  It's called having "friends" you regularly play with, y'know?  haha I can play my version just fine while Blizzard does server maintenance or if the company happens to shut down at some point; can you?  Oops.

I think at least some of them are just desperate to defend the dumbass pc version because they regret their purchase decision.

19 hours ago, MillionX said:

Heh, man I checked the official Diablo forums out of curiosity and noticed that old topic of "Offline Mode" is still going on... PC version will forever be online-only, but some of them over there still have hope.

The amazing thing is how many pc fanboys still defend that nonsense, hanging onto the "anti cheaters" point... or if you bring up console versions they might be inclined to respond with a snooty "yeah  have fun playing with hackers/cheaters, dude".... like there's no "botting" on PC versions?  That thing I hear about on occasion doesn't exist?  Also---it only affects you if you allow it into your game and give a shit anyway.  I've played console D3 100% of the time over the bootleg ass PC version since it came out... I have played with a hacker(*or at least someone that had hacked items) precisely ONCE in all these years...the dude was a friend of a friend I regularly play with, and *GASP* we still had a good time despite how ridiculous his character was.  Random people doing shit in their game world doesn't have any effect on my good times; I never play with those people anyway.  It's called having "friends" you regularly play with, y'know?  haha I can play my version just fine while Blizzard does server maintenance or if the company happens to shut down at some point; can you?  Oops.

I think at least some of them are just desperate to defend the dumbass pc version because they regret their purchase decision.

I don't care if it's online only, since D2 online was the only version I cared about to begin with.  To me Diablo has always been an online game, just like MMOs are.

I have a good internet connection and don't care about playing on the go, so quite frankly it's a non-issue for me.

Surprisingly I never played D2..(*I probably will soon, since Blizz doesn't seem to be interested in a remake...then again they did say "multiple Diablo projects" in the works...!!!)....

..but from what I hear it was offline as well, with online capability.  Outside of MMOs, I think most or all games should just be like that, actually... perfectly functional offline but with online multiplayer if multi/co-op was included in the design of the thing.  When it is online-only, that's basically an extended rental, imo.  You have access as long as they allow you to have access....or as long as they and their servers continue to be a thing.  I'll never be on board with the idea that a game I enjoy could go away for such a large # of reasons, like legal/copyright issues, company shutting down or just server maintenance, or when they decide to simply end it (e.g.--that Marvel Heroes ARPG; dead once Disney pulled funding... or Battleborn...if that one isn't gone already it probably will be soon) 

As long as I have a working Switch or XB1, I have Diablo 3, whenever I feel like playing it, regardless of whatever happens with Blizzard in the near future.  Now with Switch, I don't even need to be near a wall socket outside of to recharge on occasion. (*D3 does burn the battery noticeably faster than other games, unfortunately... I'm already in the habit of bringing my charger to work as well though)

On another note---it appears that Pat the NES Punk and his buddy Ian stepped in it big time over this Diablo Immortal topic...

Edited by MillionX

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

Surprisingly I never played D2..(*I probably will soon, since Blizz doesn't seem to be interested in a remake...then again they did say "multiple Diablo projects" in the works...!!!)....

..but from what I hear it was offline as well, with online capability.  Outside of MMOs, I think most or all games should just be like that, actually... perfectly functional offline but with online multiplayer if multi/co-op was included in the design of the thing.  When it is online-only, that's basically an extended rental, imo.  You have access as long as they allow you to have access....or as long as they and their servers continue to be a thing.  I'll never be on board with the idea that a game I enjoy could go away for such a large # of reasons, like legal/copyright issues, company shutting down or just server maintenance, or when they decide to simply end it (e.g.--that Marvel Heroes ARPG; dead once Disney pulled funding... or Battleborn...if that one isn't gone already it probably will be soon) 

As long as I have a working Switch or XB1, I have Diablo 3, whenever I feel like playing it, regardless of whatever happens with Blizzard in the near future.  Now with Switch, I don't even need to be near a wall socket outside of to recharge on occasion. (*D3 does burn the battery noticeably faster than other games, unfortunately... I'm already in the habit of bringing my charger to work as well though)

Diablo 2 had two modes: offline and online.

Offline characters were stored on your PC, while online characters were stored server-side, just like an MMO.

You could not take your offline character into the online mode.  The only way to do so was use 'open' battle.net or LAN games, which nobody did.  Offline characters were notoriously easy to edit/modify, so in practice pretty much everyone played the game in online mode only.

The big fuss over Diablo 3 requiring an internet connection was stupid because in practice everyone who played D2 seriously already required an internet connection anyway.

9 hours ago, misterBee said:

Offline characters were stored on your PC, while online characters were stored server-side, just like an MMO.

You could not take your offline character into the online mode.  The only way to do so was use 'open' battle.net or LAN games, which nobody did.  Offline characters were notoriously easy to edit/modify, so in practice pretty much everyone played the game in online mode only.

The big fuss over Diablo 3 requiring an internet connection was stupid because in practice everyone who played D2 seriously already required an internet connection anyway.

I played both.

And I preferred offline SP.

9 hours ago, misterBee said:

A single player game should never require an internet connection. I had Diablo 3 at launch. Despite being a single player game, I couldn't player it. Server issues, couldn't log in. $60 and I couldn't even play the damned game.