Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

ohhhhh... I just noticed this game out of nowhere... it's on eShop tomorrow for Switch...

top-down shootemup action...yeahhhh that's good enough for me right there.

*also further out of left field... BAD DUDES is also coming to Switch. I wasn't the biggest fan of that back in the day but it did have one of the best simple intros and concepts I had ever seen:

"The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?"

Too late been playing the crap out of Kiwami. PSN has deal for Yakuza 0 and 6 for like $70 when you preorder Yakuza 6. I'm thinking of doing it. This game is too damned fun' date=' weird, and hilarious.[/quote']

Yakuza is such a damn treat of games i also felt bad when i would pass by that cheap yakuza 3 copy on gamestop all the time now, considering how much i play it now.

Still a bit salty about yakuza 6 being released(full 30gb game) on accident by sega. I wanna play it so bad

As a newbie to the Yakuza series who played Yakuza 0 as his first game last year, I feel that it is a successor to Shenmue and Streets of Rage with intriguing characters.

The goofy and heartfelt side missions are sometimes even better than the main mission.

I beat Y0 and Kiwami, but I want to wait for Kiwami 2 before doing Y6.

I hope they do some physical ports of Y3,4,5 to PS4 so that I can see the whole Kiryu saga unfold chronologically.

On 3/17/2018 at 9:03 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Is it weird that I want my text alert to say "Kiryu-chan!" now. These games are fucking awesome.

Majima is great but...I think you've gone too far.

I used to use custom text tones, but working on the register at retail and hearing "LIVE AND LET DIE" pop out of my pants made things too akward too many times

On 3/17/2018 at 6:09 PM, Poltergeist said:

For almost a whole year my text alert was the 3 star social link up sound effect from Persona 5

@Poltergeist There's a SMS app for Android that lets you have the Persona 5 UI for sending texts. It has the animations and everything. You should really get on that.

I have the "Hold it!" Voice clip from the Ace Attorney games as my notification alert. It sometimes scares the shit of me if my phone is loud.

That would probably drive me insane after a week or so. I get WhatsApp notifications constantly.

On 3/17/2018 at 9:02 PM, misterBee said:

@Poltergeist There's a SMS app for Android that lets you have the Persona 5 UI for sending texts. It has the animations and everything. You should really get on that.

I seen that but I'm sketched out that it might skim info or something

On 3/18/2018 at 4:51 PM, misterBee said:

Mmm doubtful. It's just SMS too. I barely use SMS nowadays. It's 2018!

Yeah I checked it out and it doesn't support images. Kinda pointless for a phone messenger replacement. Better looks with half the functionality

I heard dangonranpa 3 was good. I want to get into it but idk if i have play the otherd first prior to this one

I use the powerup sound effect from No More Heroes for message notifications. That and I may add in the Quad damage sound effect that echoes from whatever weapon you use from DOOM/Quake.

On 3/18/2018 at 7:56 PM, DanZan said:

@Poltergeist you check out Danganronpa V3 yet

Yeah I played it last year. Even played Ultra Despair Girls, as fucked up as that was.

21 hours ago, wiztick said:

I heard dangonranpa 3 was good. I want to get into it but idk if i have play the otherd first prior to this one

It's good in a weird way. It has the best gameplay in regards to the mini games and class trials, but I also feel like the story is the weakest of all 3 main games.

You don't necessarily need to play 1 and 2 because it's sort of a soft break, but if it's your first game the ending will make no sense whatsoever. The series tends to get really meta. MGS2 kinda meta. So I'd say to play them in order, and then if you still have the itch for more, play Ultra Despair Girls. Be forewarned though that UDG is extra fucked up and covers topics such as child abuse, and you should definitely not play it with other people in the room. It's also a shooter btw. Let me know before you play that though, and I'll fill you in on a game breaking bug that cost me 2 hours of play time.

Danganronpa 2 also has the worst class trial mechanics, so be prepared for that. Silver lining is they learned from their mistakes to perfect the craft in 3. BONE-THE-MEAT-ON

• +1 2

With this new patch Overwatch has officially jumped the shark. Brigitte is the Anakin of this game. She was supposed to kill dive, not make it worse. Winston, D.va, Tracer, Genji, Lucio, Brigitte = unstoppable. Replace Genji with Sombra and it's even worse

• +1 1

On 3/20/2018 at 4:11 PM, Poltergeist said:

With this new patch Overwatch has officially jumped the shark. Brigitte is the Anakin of this game. She was supposed to kill dive, not make it worse. Winston, D.va, Tracer, Genji, Lucio, Brigitte = unstoppable. Replace Genji with Sombra and it's even worse

lol is there any point in time where Overwatch wasn't a shit show one way or another? i remember on release day that Mcree was ridiculously over the top, and thinking "man how the hell did they think this would go well?"

Posted (edited)

cheh,

I am surprised this Sea of Thieves game has any kind of buzz or apparent success going on... I was thinking surely it would bomb harder than Wrinkle in Time, man... every time I saw any kind of preview clips it looked like pure unwiped asscrack.  The graphics do appear to be a bit better now at least, but I'll still pass on that nonsense.

haha I'll bet a certain friend bought that shit... dude has always had highly questionable taste in everything :lol:  (he's one of the people that tried to sell me on "Dead Block" a few years ago...one of the most atrocious-looking Live Arcade games in the 360's history.... I still remember looking up footage of that game on youtube and laughing hysterically for a LONG ass time at how awful it looked.)

Edited by MillionX