Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

I'm not into this game but goddamn look at this trailer...holy shitūüėģ

^sheeeeit, this makes me want to at least take a closer look at this game then...

Another new vid of various details about Anthem:

Edited by MillionX

you guys may have heard this one already but holy crap is this is an odd and unexpected thing:

Inti Creates has a Japan live stream of Dragon Marked For Death right now:

Edited by MillionX

ohoooo I know a certain old friend from college won't be able to resist the Switch now... BALDURS GATE games on the way?!?! bruhhhhhh:

https://mynintendonews.com/2019/02/07/baldurs-gate-baldurs-gate-ll-baldurs-gate-sod-icewind-dale-planescape-torment-and-neverwinter-nights-coming-to-switch/ 

meanwhile on Smash Ultimate---I got back into playing this for the "Spirit Board" mode lately... currently enjoying the ridiculous power of Ganondorf with a "Beast Gannon" legendary card thing that has 3 slots...I boost G's power even further sometimes by using that spirit/card thing that makes you start off with 30% damage but in turn it makes you stronger....and on top of that I'll add a thing that makes me do much more damage to shields.  The amount of overkill here in some match-ups is hilarious.

Edited by MillionX

16 hours ago, misterBee said:

So anybody getting Anthem?

Thinking about giving it a try.

It's going to be hard pass for me. The game looks like it has potential but I can already see the foundation for EA to complete fuck it up with microtransactions. I mean when you need a chart to explain's launch, it isn't a good sign. I feel bad for Bioware. They are at best with single player games but EA hates single player games.

anthem-chart.jpg

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

It's going to be hard pass for me. The game looks like it has potential but I can already see the foundation for EA to complete fuck it up with microtransactions. I mean when you need a chart to explain's launch, it isn't a good sign. I feel bad for Bioware. They are at best with single player games but EA hates single player games.

I honestly don't care about EA.  I've enjoyed many of their titles, and microtransactions have never really bothered me.  Way I see it, the money I've put into their games has been worth it.  Early launch shenanigans don't really affect me either.

I'll give the game a shot and see how things go. ūüėÉ

When you buy a video game, do you buy any of the collector's editions to come with physical extras, like figures, "props" or whatnot?

I am not counting DLC, expansion packs or GOTY editions with extras added to the base game that are on disc

I have only bought the SF 4 collectors edition back in 2009. It came with a small C Viper figurine and a an anime film. 

To me , many games are not worth sixty let alone 90 or whatever just bc you get a T-shirt.

Am I alone in thinking this?

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

When you buy a video game, do you buy any of the collector's editions to come with physical extras, like figures, "props" or whatnot?

I am not counting DLC, expansion packs or GOTY editions with extras added to the base game that are on disc

I have only bought the SF 4 collectors edition back in 2009. It came with a small C Viper figurine and a an anime film. 

To me , many games are not worth sixty let alone 90 or whatever just bc you get a T-shirt.

Am I alone in thinking this?

I collect steelbooks.  There are some very nice ones out there.

Most collector's edition statues are very low quality.  I'd rather keep the money and buy a nice statue on my own.  Most nice figures and statues are 80-200USD on their own.  Ones bundled with games can't compare.

These days I'll grab a collector's edition if it DOESN'T come with a statue.  Other times I'll just go on eBay and find the steelbook separately.

Here are some I've just bought:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I only get collector's edition if it has some bonus stuff I actually want, whether that's in-game or a physical item like a little statue.  I think one of the first collector's edition things I got was Viewtiful Joe...though if I recall that was only a pre-order bonus---you got a statue/bobble-head figure of Joe in his regular outfit.  Unfortunately it needs repair at this point since I foolishly had it loose in the trunk when moving some years ago.

One I don't get is people that get the special editions but are only half-way into the game itself... I have a friend like that...he bought special/legendary editions of Gears of War games back in the day, and has he actually finished the stories?  haha NOPE.  The dude plays thru story up to a certain point, then plays Horde maybe a handful of times...then NEVER touches the game again for some reason....such a waste of money, imo.

Inti Creates has another live-stream of Dragon Marked For Death...they've been doing these every day: (I still haven't gotten far in this game, simply because I have so many other Switch games I'm into at the moment... yesterday's purchase of Unruly Heroes brings the count up to about 33 games...and I still haven't even started Starlink yet!  The lineup of stuff on this system is goddamn ridiculous, man.  This should ultimately be remembered as Nintendo's greatest system ever produced, imo.  Yes it has already surpassed the former champion SNES, at least for me.)

ah, I see "iddq" started playing Apex Legends like everyone else... it's great to watch this dude play just about anything, actually; the level of general "FPS" skill is goddamn ridiculous (he is a former pro Quake player; also pro Overwatch for a while but stopped for some reason):

Edited by MillionX

bruhhhhhh this right HERE!

easy day 1 for me.

and of course the "Big Fuckin Deal!" as Joe Biden would say:

Switch = Legend status continues.

ohhhhhh and then there's THIS

AND Ultimate Alliance 3...  they're on fire like an NBA Jam character, folks!

and finally some Daemon X Machina gameplay:

Edited by MillionX

hey, one of my favorite streamers (haha, 'cause she's kinda cute and has a cool personality; yeah I'm shameless... disclaimer--yes I realize she "plays for the other team" though, which is a heartbreaker ) got featured here:

Edited by MillionX

On 2/14/2019 at 6:38 AM, MillionX said:

bruhhhhhh this right HERE!

easy day 1 for me.

and of course the "Big Fuckin Deal!" as Joe Biden would say:

Switch = Legend status continues.

ohhhhhh and then there's THIS

AND Ultimate Alliance 3...  they're on fire like an NBA Jam character, folks!

and finally some Daemon X Machina gameplay:

That 30 minute Direct contained more exclusives than the XB1's entire life cycle.

JUMP FORCE, man...holy shit this is truly a Shonen Anime fan's dream, bruh.  The controls are simple enough for anyone to pick up in about 2 or 3 minutes.  I had a team of my original character, Ichigo and Aizen Sosuke.... so much awesome shit happened in this one match, man... it looked so cool with my original character finishing the team off with a Kamehameha followed up by a Hell Grenade.  Oh yeah this was worth every penny to me.

sheeeeit, so I got back into playing a bit of Warframe today; they gave a 50% discount on things for whatever reason, so I had enough of the in-game currency to unlock Nidus....  this dude is a viral organism as a playable warframe.  This game has so many cool ideas, man... check this muthafucka out:

I already have him up to rank 6 after a couple of missions, so I have the first 3 of his 4 special abilities to play with now... 

• Virulence - you stomp the ground which causes fungal growth that damages enemies AND steals energy from them. ¬†It also gets apparently stronger via mutation for each pack of 5 enemies this hits.
  • Larva - spawn an "infested" pod with tendrils that pulls enemies in...doesn't deal damage; it works as a disrupting sort of thing.
  • Parasitic Link - "bind to a target with a parasitic link... for allies, both the host and Nidus deal increased damage. ¬†Linked enemies take the damage inflicted on Nidus" <--this right here is THE SHIT, man.
  • Ravenous - maggots swarm nearby enemies, feasting until hit with 'virulence' and burst with Infestation. ¬†The maggots benefit from Mutation, and each enemy hit adds to the Mutation stack. ¬†

I am absolutely loving this shit.  Other companies should've been taking notes all this time.  

Interesting...this guy did a vid briefly ranking how all the warframes rank currently in the game:

*more missions now as Nidus... mannnn this is too much fun... I have him at rank 9 now.  He also has a natural healing factor that I guess gets stronger as the "virulence" mutation stacks build up.

Edited by MillionX