Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Black Desert review... I'm definitely getting this on XB1, especially once I found out how cheap it is.. (only 10 bucks for the basic version)...as some already know, this is one mmo where combat actually looks cool for a change...

Posted (edited)

I heard of this on another forum earlier, and here's Rurikhan with a vid on the strange issue with Anthem's power-scaling

I tried this but with an Interceptor since their melee is already ridiculous..also tried with a Ranger.....but the problem is it's still making you essentially a glass cannon that dies immediately to **anything**...I may try with a Colossus later then.... really, it's stupid but so far it doesn't seem as godlike as some folks are making it out to be... go to Grandmaster 2 or 3 and you'll still get knocked down in 2 seconds by even the weakest enemies.

Edited by MillionX

I haven't heard the best things about Black Desert but, yeah, the combat does have me interested in giving it a whirl regardless.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I haven't heard the best things about Black Desert but, yeah, the combat does have me interested in giving it a whirl regardless.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, MillionX said:

Black Desert review... I'm definitely getting this on XB1, especially once I found out how cheap it is.. (only 10 bucks for the basic version)...as some already know, this is one mmo where combat actually looks cool for a change...

It's been on PC for a long time and I have some friends who really like it.  I'd play it on PC if it at all possible.

sheeeeit, the Colossus in Anthem is so hilariously OP, man…goddamn… I got that item I kept hearing about on forums called “Best Defense”…it is the masterwork version of the siege cannon. Basically, this shit heals you for 35% health just by shooting enemies with it…and that effect seems to have a very short cool-down. So… in addition to this being one of the best, most durable “tank” characters I’ve ever played… TONS of health plus shield…if I get even a little low on health I just shoot into a pack of enemies and boom I’m fine because I just got 35% of my health back. Since it’s a goddamn cannon, keep in mind you still have health pick-ups dropping from enemies dying.  At this point the Colossus is nearly unstoppable…the shit is hilarious. I could probably just stick with Grandmaster 2 difficulty at this point.

It’s so damn good I’m a bit concerned they’ll probably nerf either Colossus or “Best Defense” or both, sadly, knowing how devs tend to be these days ( oh that’s too powerful and thus FUN? We need to “fix” it then…can’t be having that…)

This is the greatest tank I’ve played since the glitched Dwarf in Dragon’s Crown, man.

I was just starting Black Desert this morning, actually, when some friends sent the invite for some Anthem action...yeah, I've actually been on the game basically the whole day 😄

oh my....god!!! hell fuckin YEAH, man!!!

...damn I need to sit down for a while after that... muthafuckin Bloodlines PART 2, man....this is finally happening!!!  I do wish it had 3rd person view though...

Bethesda and Elder Scrolls can go kick rocks forever then (we all know that TES VI will likely be a broken mess just like the rest of their games)... I finally have some *real* options for vampire games lately.... Code Vein coming up, Vampyr last year and now this...sheeeeit.

KIZN6r3.gif

Posted (edited)

@Darc_Requiem I pretty much feel the same way about MMO's nowadays, but every now and then one intrigues me. I still haven't tried Black Desert yet, though.

Cuphead on Switch id godlike. I already own it on but I'll be glad to get a physical copy. Good on Microsoft!

Picked up Sekiro. Game wastes no time getting hard as balls. I like that.

Edited by Zero

8 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

There is a God...

Behold Borderlands 3 Trailer!

Doesn't really look that different from the last 2 games, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  I'll of course try it!

Posted (edited)

sheeeeit, it's more Borderlands so I'm already sold, basically... at least until they announce the inevitable shit that might put me off:

ONLINE-ONLY! 😒  

I'm instantly curious about the bigger character with the singular eye and the heavy coat... just in terms of design I'm already liking that one... and that 1 girl who displayed a multi-armed "Shiva" godlike ability (perhaps another siren showing off magical abilities?)  That one and the big coat cyclops guy are already looking like my favorites.

I got Galak-Z: The Void on Switch so I’ve been on that a lot lately. I could see how some people might not like the controls in this; it takes some getting used to, but it’s fun so far to me…as many say it takes a lot of cues from the '80s era anime stuff, in terms of the visual flair. A nice little nostalgia detail— when you pause (and the options show up), it’s like someone paused the VHS tape this “show” is on to adjust the “tracking”… 😄

Galak-Z in general is a game I’ve wanted for years, thinking it would be one of the first purchases actually whenever I got around to buying a PS4…so it’s a big deal to have this portable now. There was a previous one on Switch but something about it was a real turn-off for me; I forgot what that even was.

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

the drop rate in Anthem is so damn stingy it's just baffling that any developer would think that's how things should be... 
for those familiar with Diablo games... imagine if on even the high "Torment" difficulty....players were still getting nothing but blue and white items....and then sometimes you get a yellow/rare...and perhaps once every 80 hours you might get 1 legendary weapon that turns out to be for a different character than the one you are currently playing.  Two weeks later you get a legendary again...and it's a duplicate of that first one you got a long time ago.  

Hahaha these people *actually* think this is how the shit should be...in a genre where the never-ending hunt for awesome loot is the appeal. 🤣 It often makes you wonder if the ones working there currently have even designed *anything* before.  Really, bruh?  The game took that long in development...the loot is the appeal in these kinds of games....and the amount of items in general is that small? (You will see soooo many duplicates that one starts to wonder if the loot-pool is only comprised of about 15 to 20 items total.)  You got a whole category of items that doesn't even have high-tier equivalents? (Support gear has no masterwork or legendary versions at the moment.  Yep...seriously.)

there's been many hilarious moments with my regular crew where folks were yelling out "REALLY, BRUH? A **BLUE** ITEM ON GM3?!

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

The Anthem Report....here we go, folks...

...so...I just got on there now to see the "featured" store update....it's EMOTES again....goddamn emotes.  What the hell is their problem, man?  It is comical at this point how seemingly out of touch they are on various things.  The real shit most of the fans care about in that in-game store are the armor packs (customization skins)...yet they CONTINUE to just sit on that shit and update the store with stupid ass emotes and decals.  It's like they want this game to keep being the laughing stock of the industry....like they're desperately trying to take the place of Fallout 76 for some bizarre reason.🤣

note--they actually did have armor packs (just 2 again) up in the previous store update...but that shit was uglyyyy.. like it made the Interceptor kinda look like it has the head of a chicken! ..and the shoulder pieces looked like toilet seats! 😆  heh, I just noticed/remembered that I actually  have an Elysian key right now...but I haven't even used that shit because the Elysian chests never have anything cool in them...NO armors....just emotes and decal/vinyls.  Why are these guys so bad at this shit?  A new "treasure chest" being added to the game SHOULD be something making me want to play and get the keys to them....but nope, not as long as it only gives trash I don't give 2 shits about.

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

hahaha, so...I guess Nintendo still doesn't have the rights to use Tyson's likeness anymore, obviously.... it just looks funny to me that "Tyson" is Mr. Dream in this game....a white guy 🤣

Edited by MillionX

On 4/3/2019 at 2:13 AM, MillionX said:

The Anthem Report....here we go, folks...

...so...I just got on there now to see the "featured" store update....it's EMOTES again....goddamn emotes.  What the hell is their problem, man?  It is comical at this point how seemingly out of touch they are on various things.  The real shit most of the fans care about in that in-game store are the armor packs (customization skins)...yet they CONTINUE to just sit on that shit and update the store with stupid ass emotes and decals.  It's like they want this game to keep being the laughing stock of the industry....like they're desperately trying to take the place of Fallout 76 for some bizarre reason.🤣

note--they actually did have armor packs (just 2 again) up in the previous store update...but that shit was uglyyyy.. like it made the Interceptor kinda look like it has the head of a chicken! ..and the shoulder pieces looked like toilet seats! 😆  heh, I just noticed/remembered that I actually  have an Elysian key right now...but I haven't even used that shit because the Elysian chests never have anything cool in them...NO armors....just emotes and decal/vinyls.  Why are these guys so bad at this shit?  A new "treasure chest" being added to the game SHOULD be something making me want to play and get the keys to them....but nope, not as long as it only gives trash I don't give 2 shits about.

https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

Posted (edited)

yeah, that article is making the rounds on youtube now... various channels talking about it... 

Of course, Yong is one of many that posted a vid on this...

I didn't get on last night but I'm sure one of my "crew" I was playing this with already moved on to The Division 2 recently...and he most likely won't be back.  My old friend from college is also a Division fan so I'm sure he's playing that as well by now.

Edited by MillionX

ah, someone echoing my commentary once again...

....and...is Sekiro really another game that requires a connection?!?  If that's the case that makes absolutely nooooo goddamn sense...it is a single player game only, right?  What in THE fucking hell, man...

*and yes, I am sure there's some idiot son of a bitch in the comments on that vid that posts the snarky bullshit "uhhh you never owned your games, dude."... I should look for it to have a good laugh....

Posted (edited)

haha, well most have probably given up on this game by this point but Anthem had a new patch:

• Fixed an issue that was causing loot to drop for javelins other than the one being used.
  • Addressed a number of issues that could occasionally cause Nvidia highlights to crash.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Elysian Cache items to not appear until completing another activity or restarting the game.
  • The newsfeed will now properly show content again upon launching into the game.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing Ursix and Titans to not spawn as frequently in Freeplay.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the screen to shake when enabling DLSS and turning off motion blur.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players not to be able to interact with Owen, or hear his audio at the end of the Legendary version of the mission “Finding Old Friends”.
  • Titans, Ursix, Luminaries and Fury enemies should no longer disappear when another player starts an Event in Freeplay.

I want to try this out but damn there's a good live broadcast on youtube right now...

aha, soooo that’s why Storm always seemed like such a low-tier piece of shit in this game… the damage reduction that is supposed to happen when Storm hovers doesn’t even work properly!  (*I figured it was just destined to be bottom tier anyway though because of the inherent gameplay design there; Storm is the “wizard” of the crew… a glass cannon…in a game where enemies on high difficulties are constantly shooting you from all directions and doing INSANE damage…that’s just how it goes though with games that have different characters and abilities; something is always going to be shit-tier. It is impossible to avoid that.)
Plenty of more “colorful” commentary about the state of the game is in here as well, of course:

Edited by MillionX