Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Black Desert review... I'm definitely getting this on XB1, especially once I found out how cheap it is.. (only 10 bucks for the basic version)...as some already know, this is one mmo where combat actually looks cool for a change...

I heard of this on another forum earlier, and here's Rurikhan with a vid on the strange issue with Anthem's power-scaling

I tried this but with an Interceptor since their melee is already ridiculous..also tried with a Ranger.....but the problem is it's still making you essentially a glass cannon that dies immediately to **anything**...I may try with a Colossus later then.... really, it's stupid but so far it doesn't seem as godlike as some folks are making it out to be... go to Grandmaster 2 or 3 and you'll still get knocked down in 2 seconds by even the weakest enemies.

Edited by MillionX

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I haven't heard the best things about Black Desert but, yeah, the combat does have me interested in giving it a whirl regardless.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, MillionX said:

Black Desert review... I'm definitely getting this on XB1, especially once I found out how cheap it is.. (only 10 bucks for the basic version)...as some already know, this is one mmo where combat actually looks cool for a change...

It's been on PC for a long time and I have some friends who really like it.  I'd play it on PC if it at all possible.

sheeeeit, the Colossus in Anthem is so hilariously OP, man…goddamn… I got that item I kept hearing about on forums called “Best Defense”…it is the masterwork version of the siege cannon. Basically, this shit heals you for 35% health just by shooting enemies with it…and that effect seems to have a very short cool-down. So… in addition to this being one of the best, most durable “tank” characters I’ve ever played… TONS of health plus shield…if I get even a little low on health I just shoot into a pack of enemies and boom I’m fine because I just got 35% of my health back. Since it’s a goddamn cannon, keep in mind you still have health pick-ups dropping from enemies dying.  At this point the Colossus is nearly unstoppable…the shit is hilarious. I could probably just stick with Grandmaster 2 difficulty at this point.

It’s so damn good I’m a bit concerned they’ll probably nerf either Colossus or “Best Defense” or both, sadly, knowing how devs tend to be these days ( oh that’s too powerful and thus FUN? We need to “fix” it then…can’t be having that…)

This is the greatest tank I’ve played since the glitched Dwarf in Dragon’s Crown, man.

I was just starting Black Desert this morning, actually, when some friends sent the invite for some Anthem action...yeah, I've actually been on the game basically the whole day 😄