Stage Select
Darc_Requiem

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

cheh,

So my old crew in Anthem was back on the game once again to play the new Cataclysm thing... I was getting back into the swing of things; just like before the gameplay was and still is fun, and it was interesting to have a new situation to play in that world.  It's also an interesting thing conceptually, imo---a constant stormy looking environment as reality itself is a bit unstable at the moment.  We got to the boss at the end and beat that a couple of times.  I'm still stuck with an "epic" melee item though, unfortunately which drags my overall gear "level" down.  I was down to "epic" gear level when starting until getting another masterwork item putting me back at that status.  

It's fun and amusing that the Colossus is still quite ridiculous god-level shit, man... I love that they apparently never toned that class down.  It was rare that I went down, and most of the time despite being unfamiliar with the event, I never felt like I was "in trouble" since he can take soooo much damage like it's nothing.... really, that character is one of the greatest "tanks" ever designed, imo.  You are borderline invincible as that muthafucka. 🤣

On 8/20/2019 at 2:02 PM, DangerousJ said:

The Kazuma Kiryu saga will soon be complete on PS4!

A year after I was forced to finish them all on PS3.  Damn.

Oh well these are just the higher resolution versions Japan got a while ago.  I'd be more pissed if they were Kiwami-style remakes.

Also, in case anyone is wondering where I've been lately I'm trapped in Fire Emblem.  Someone please save me.

sheeeiiiit, I went ahead and bought "Gris" on Switch; it was on sale until 8/22 for 40% off....10 bucks...that was knocked down a bit more to 8 and some change because of the gold coin points I had saved up.  I love those "rewards" points system so many places have these days.  I haven't played it yet.  

Oh and occasionally you get an email to fill out a survey regarding your latest purchase, which gives you a few more gold points.

Posted (edited)

Rhykker's latest vid on the top D3 builds for the upcoming season... which I think starts tomorrow...

IT still fascinates me that a certain friend always had weak, poorly built characters in this game... because of the 2 of us, one would assume I would have the weaker characters...he was studying Diablo vids CONSTANTLY early on in the game's life...like it was probably a good 80% of the vids he watched on youtube for quite some time...but time and time again he'd make the worst build choices, always hilariously wondering why his characters were so weak (in comparison to the GODS I was building)🤣  Sometimes I suspect it was simple laziness on his part...like he didn't want to bother searching for specific items and remembering all this shit about what's god-tier and what is not.

Latest patch notes: https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23093788/patch-266-is-now-live-8-20-2019

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

yeah I will most likely dig into Remnant this weekend; a certain friend I game with has already been on it for a few days now.  It looks awesome from the footage I've seen so far.

In other news....HELL yeah look at this... Marvel UA 3 update/info

https://mobile.twitter.com/nintendoeurope/status/1163722462988816384?s=21

I was just checking eshop again--- mannnnn that new Contra game that's coming out later is so UGLY...holy shit, man... they couldn't have polished the visuals up a little more than that?  The game looks atrocious.

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

REMNANT....I got it and hell yeah this was right up my alley.
yeah, Hunter was the right call for me in this game… the special mod skill “Hunter’s Mark” is pretty damn awesome… it reveals all enemies to you; you’re basically seeing them through walls, ceilings and floors, lit up brightly on the screen…and there’s a bonus +15% chance to critical hit… and it appears I get a cool glowing eyes effect while it’s going on. Sheeiiiiiiiitttttttttt you know I’m absolutely loving this shit already. “…Sword of Omens…give me sight beyond sight…”

I think that Hunter's Mark critical hit bonus applies to allies as well..? 

There's randomized elements to the game too, which is another thing that appealed to me.  I can see already this will become my latest obsession for quite some time.

a review by Upper Echelon:

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

hmm.... I'm hyped but there are some concerns with how different it is..

For one--- now you can spend the power resource on yourself or fortifications----well, there goes fortifications then....because most people are going to be "looking out for #1", y'know...  it won't surprise me then if a lot of squads end up with barely any fortifications, since people will be more inclined to spend the power they pickup on their own character skills just about every time.  

They could easily please most people by just including  variations of the mode--- "Classic Horde" like it was way back in part 2 (heh, for the weirdos that would be into that sort of thing), "G3 Horde" to make it like it was in part 3, and "Gears 4" variant with the classes and skill cards....or the new deal seen here.  I know that would be more dev time but that would've had all bases covered.  

I'd also love it if Beast mode returned... I enjoyed playing as the enemies. (*note---Jackbot's ultimate lets you do that, at least for however long the skill lasts)

My ultimate, dream idea of Gears Horde would be a mash-up of part 3 + part 4.... the classes and skill cards, placing fortifications anywhere...AND the superior variety of Gears 3 with the cool voice-overs from the Queen when it's boss time, or when they've killed your whole squad...it was like she was on loudspeaker, hyping them up, with awesome music playing; I loved that.

Edited by MillionX

15 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I guess many folks aren't too interested in this but it looks cool to me. Control comes out this week.

I'm hype for it -- I loved Quantum Break.

Gotta finish Fire Emblem and Astral Chain first though.

Diablo---I went back on one of my regular, non-season characters for a minute tonight---holy shit the jump in power is so ridiculous... last time I played Greater Rift was quite a while ago, and I was just barely making it around GR55 to 60.....tonight I tried a GR70 and steamrolled that shit like it was *nothing*....almost seemed like I was actually playing a GR03 or "Easy" difficulty by mistake 🤣 Enemies still hit like the Hulk though when I was not in Archon form so I just made sure to hit that transformation ASAP each time....the difference in power is just insane... I was finally hitting TRILLIONS of points in damage, man. (ha, I realize others especially on the PC side have reached that point a while ago---note* -- damage on console is halved for some silly reason.  We only hit the same level of power via the "Nephalem Glory" pick-ups; I am still not sure why they designed it like that.)

Posted (edited)

it's almost that time, folks...GEARS.

Latest from "TheRazoredEdge"

Whoah Speedrunners finally hitting Switch!

Of those "running dudes" games, it was the more interesting/cool one, imo

Edited by MillionX

4 hours ago, Angel said:

You grab astral chain yet million?

I'm playing it now too.

I liked Nier: Automata better but it's still fun!  Way more detective stuff than I thought, which is fine because I liked those parts of Batman/LA Noire.  So far the mysteries are relatively simple though -- I hope later in the game they become more complex.

Astral Chain, Bruh---

Ok yeah this is gold.  I was in the training room of the police station earlier, getting used to the basics of combat and movement, etc.  Of course I like that you have some slight customization over how the main character looks.  I made mine a bit brown skinned with the short haircut.  Some facial hair options would've been nice though.

Diablo addiction still strong----

I checked my stats on xb1 version Diablo 3... so I'm up to 816 hours played on just that version (at that level of hours spent it displays the time in days, actually...so it really shows up as "34 days..." for time spent 😆 Well, this dethrones Phantasy Star Online/Universe for sure at this point....back in the Gamecube version I remember having 450-ish hours on just my main character "Chojin"  (FOmar; human male force).  Anyway, the stats keeps track of monsters killed too---in D3 on xbox 1 I've killed a bit over 1 million now....41,000+ elites.

Quick vid from Anthony Evans here on how ridiculous/awesome the Vyrs Archon Wizard is now:

As if September wasn't stacked enough....this game has also caught my attention lately:

Diablo--seasonal wizard on XB1 at 63 now; I'll power on thru to 70 in the next few moments.... I started off as a witch doctor but the wizard (which is my favorite class anyway) is sooooo generally overpowered this season I could not resist.