Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
Darc_Requiem

The NRS Thread

I'm not going to pretend to be a huge fan of NRS games. I appreciate their single player content but never been huge on the gameplay. That said, I'm sure a few of you feel differently. Why not discuss it here? I may hate all the guest characters they keep cramming into Injustice, but you may feel differently.

Can you blame them though? The consumers told NRS that they loved the guest characters by spending the most money on them in MKX. It only made sense for them to continue the trend in Injustice 2.

On 3/6/2018 at 8:48 AM, Makrow said:

Can you blame them though? The consumers told NRS that they loved the guest characters by spending the most money on them in MKX. It only made sense for them to continue the trend in Injustice 2.

There is guess characters and then their Injustice 2, the MUGEN of consoles

I am waiting till NRS does a cross promotion with Arc sys and Togo and Put Goku in there

As been part of the NRS community since MK9, I can definitely say that we're playing second fiddle to casuals, but it'd give us the benefit of support from Netherrealm Studios and WB.

And finally they somewhat got there shit together when comes to balancing their games.

*looks at inj2*

On 3/6/2018 at 12:08 PM, DarkSakul said:

There is guess characters and then their Injustice 2, the MUGEN of consoles

I am waiting till NRS does a cross promotion with Arc sys and Togo and Put Goku in there

I'm not going to lie. First game to include Kazama Kiryu from the Yakuza series has my undying loyalty.

On 3/6/2018 at 3:51 PM, misterBee said:

I'm not going to lie. First game to include Kazama Kiryu from the Yakuza series has my undying loyalty.

Honestly they should put him Virtua Fighter 6. Still salty that they never put Ryo Hazuki in VF. Shenmue started it's life as the Virtua Fighter RPG, I thought Ryo would be a given. I was wrong. Side note: Where the hell is VF6 anyway :angry:

On 3/6/2018 at 3:51 PM, misterBee said:

I was genuinely hoping for Kiryu to be a thing in Tekken. But, this how the cookie crumbled. Maybe later.

On 3/6/2018 at 4:04 PM, GreatDarkHero said:

I was genuinely hoping for Kiryu to be a thing in Tekken. But, this how the cookie crumbled. Maybe later.

He would have been perfect in Tekken... :cry:

new GOTY addition makes me wanna play this game again. and turtles of course. hope they don't lock the cool stuff again behind life time grinds and micro transactions.

The art on NRS games is really offputting. I couldn't tell why they felt so ugly just by watching them, then I ran into this Youtube series explaining how their animations are very unnatural and just overall bad.

Yeah, NRS has terrible stop motion like animation that really takes away from the visual experience. Their games are actually good looking. Their facial animations are top tier. Which is a crazy contrast to the standard character animations they use.

This is gonna be the last NRS game I try. I keep getting suckered into buying these and then if I'm lucky I play the single player (which admittedly is pretty good most of the time). Mechanically this seems like the best MK for me since like MK2.

I'm sure they'll fuck it up with crossover DLC but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Up until they redid the online in MKX their online was buttcheeks so you were right to avoid the online. Played a little bit of Injustice 1 and MKX online and they were both really inconsistent (I remember MKX being the worst of the two). 

I've heard very good things about the updated MKX netcode and Injustice 2 seemed to be solid as well. I'm assuming they will carry this on through with MK11. Though I think 95% of the NRS player base does the same thing you do so its funny they care about the online at all (especially when Capcom seems to be fine with the two hamsters it has been running since SFV launch).

Edited by GetTheTables

it honestly saddens me that MK is a popular IP with all the actual good fighting games there are around and get ignored by the masses.

Edited by ZioSerpe

3 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

it honestly saddens me that MK is a popular IP with all the actual good fighting games there are around and get ignored by the masses.

Not a fan of NRS gameplay or their stop motion quality animation but when it comes to single player content, they are without peer. I wish I could get SF game with NRS level single player content.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:51 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Not a fan of NRS gameplay or their stop motion quality animation but when it comes to single player content, they are without peer. I wish I could get SF game with NRS level single player content.

Nobody should want that.  SF story has been dead in the water since SF2.  Even if they expanded on the lore I can't imagine it every being actually interesting.

On 1/25/2019 at 5:15 AM, ZioSerpe said:

Much like SF, MK is popular because it was one of the early hits.  It gets huge boosts due to familiarity and nostalgia.