Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
Darc_Requiem

The NRS Thread

19 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Nobody should want that.  SF story has been dead in the water since SF2.  Even if they expanded on the lore I can't imagine it every being actually interesting.

The second most active SFV thread on old SRK is the story thread. So they are people that do want that. It doesn't effect the tournament players and online warriors. As NRS fighting game sales show, it is a good way to sell a bunch of copies to casuals.

38 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The second most active SFV thread on old SRK is the story thread. So they are people that do want that. It doesn't effect the tournament players and online warriors. As NRS fighting game sales show, it is a good way to sell a bunch of copies to casuals.

I'm saying that people want SF story...and you know what they'll get?  A terrible story.  The bones of SF lore barely exist, and what little exists is hardly interesting. (EVIL TERRORISTS!  GOOD VS EVIL HADOU!) Add in the fact that they'll probably take it in a pretty terrible generic low budget anime direction and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Not saying that nobody wants it.  I'm saying that they can't possibly do it well.  Kage exists.

KoF always had an amazing story and was one of the 1st hits with Fatal Fury, fuck I am so obsessed with wearing Chuck Taylors because of Terry. GG literally does an anime and Blazble, for cumbersome it is, has a story that, I believe, would actually be followed by many if it was a book series and not an anime fighter.

I don't care for SF honestly I have realized I am not an SF guy, more on that on the KoF thread where I will leave an update.

Edited by ZioSerpe

Agreed. I'm sure the celeb presence will do them well but I wish it was on a brand new char. Pretty much seeing her face and hearing her voice is weird and is a strange call for a PR move.

Granted I'm sure they'll just make her an alternate timeline Sonya or something like that. Still weird.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

I really wish they wouldn't have gotten Ronda Rousey to voice Sonya.

I think it works pretty well actually.  In real life Sonya would be a lot like her.

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

I think it works pretty well actually.  In real life Sonya would be a lot like her.

Younger Sonya? Maybe. Current Sonya? Not really. Current Sonya is old enough to be Ronda's mom. It 's like Cassie Cage picked up the phone and is trying to convince Jax that she is her mom.