Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
Darc_Requiem

The Star Wars Thread: Where we discuss ALL of Star Wars

On 6/6/2018 at 11:19 AM, misterBee said:

I thought TLJ was a fine movie.  It broke some peoples' minds because the heroes they have been worshiping for decades didn't turn out the way they wanted.  I'll honestly never understand the tears.

The only way some people were gonna be happy was if TLJ was the most pandering bland thing ever -- because a lot of fans would rather continue to see the same thing they already know over and over rather than do something new and exciting.

I don't think Solo is the result of TLJ's 'failure'.  It's just that nobody wanted to see to a movie about Han Solo in the past.

A lot of it was that last sentence.  NOBODY wanted a Solo Movie.  At least not yet.  The fans already had the nasty taste of SW7 and 8 in their mouths, with more people seeming to like the Rogue 1 movie at least, but not enough obviously to save Solo.  On top of that, the constant disrespect shown to the characters and the fans all but assured that it would fail........................and so it did.  

7 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

A lot of it was that last sentence.  NOBODY wanted a Solo Movie.  At least not yet.  The fans already had the nasty taste of SW7 and 8 in their mouths, with more people seeming to like the Rogue 1 movie at least, but not enough obviously to save Solo.  On top of that, the constant disrespect shown to the characters and the fans all but assured that it would fail........................and so it did.  

Solo never was going to be the hit like a mainline Star Wars movie. That said, if it had reasonable budget and they didn't just piss off some many of their hardcore fans. It would made money. Part of what helped out Rogue One is that majority of fans like TFA, so they were hungry for more Star Wars. Solo could have came out in December, it could have came out next year. It still would have tanked due to Episode 8.

I love the meta of Star Wars lingo vs the horrible mess that the cinematic releases have become.

It is almost too easy.

Would you say that Solo...

Was the Uni-Bomber of SW? :coffee: