Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
GreatDarkHero

Yakuza Series - Ryu Ga Gotoku Discussion thread

Greetings all board members, SRK users and FGC fans:

The purpose of the thread to create a discussion on the subject the Yakuza series by the developers of Sega. Feel free to discuss story or game play concepts here on the franchise, along with content related to the Yakuza franchise.

The Yakuza 6 engine is a nice upgrade. Anri Okita herself in the game just makes it so much better, among other things.

As for Yakuza 6 itself, I hope there are some minor adjustments made to the final boss.

See spoiler at ones own risk:

Iwami was a decent final boss. I just don't think he was a final boss to "end" Kiryu's story with. I hope the developers will make him a bit more difficult or tricky to deal with the time they are taking with Yakuza 6.

I believe there is a tutorial on Yakuza 6's fighting mechanics right now. In fact, click the spoilers for video:

On 3/18/2018 at 3:50 PM, Hawkingbird said:

I'm new to the Yazuka series. I started with Zero and currently playing through Kiwami 1. Great to see we're getting 2 in 5 months.

Yeah I got into the series purely on dumb luck. I was in Best Buy because my car charger went kaput and I just need one of decent quality. I've found that cheap chargers don't tend to last. I saw Yakuza Kiwami for $20 and said what the hell. I'm all about that Kiryu-chan life now.

I've known about Yakuza series since the original PS2 release. I couldn't get into it then as those games were hard to come by then. I remember a friend managed to play it and he would complain about how awful the English dub was. Much like yourself, I was at Best buy when I saw Zero and Kiwami discounted.

Not going to lie, I started with Zero and I am happy as hell to have become an actual fan of the series.

I am actually surprised that Kiwami 2 is going to be available in such a short period of time after Yakuza 6. This new combat system on this Dragon Engine is what got the most curious about Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2.

On 3/18/2018 at 11:17 PM, GreatDarkHero said:

Not going to lie, I started with Zero and I am happy as hell to have become an actual fan of the series.

I am actually surprised that Kiwami 2 is going to be available in such a short period of time after Yakuza 6. This new combat system on this Dragon Engine is what got the most curious about Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2.

The game has been out forever...they just didn't want to cannibalize Yakuza 6 launch. Yakuza 6 is so niche that whoever wants to buy it is probably going to do so by the time Kiwami 2 is scheduled to come out.

On 3/18/2018 at 11:55 PM, GreatDarkHero said:

What is everyone's thoughts on

Hide contents

The Yakuza 6 final boss... name in next spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Iwami?

He was aight, he could of been harder, esecially considering this is kiryu's last hurrah b4 the new guy comes in

I dont like the new guy... like at all

I'm buying the edition with the silly drink glasses I'll probably never use.

I've been going through the entire series with my sister and she refuses to let me play 2 because she can't handle how bad the graphics are.  I have to wait until August when Kiwami 2 drops so I can continue.  At the rate I'm going...I'll be able to play Yakuza 6 next year.