Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
GreatDarkHero

Yakuza Series - Ryu Ga Gotoku Discussion thread

4 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

… 

Super Boss stuff from Kiwami. 

Hide contents Hide contents

Now, to quote Megaman X... It is time to get serious. I face Jo Amon once more but this time, I don't use any parries or Tiger Drops. Armor equipment are still in use though. Because, at least on Legend difficulty, almost anything he does while in Mad Dog style is a OHKO or just does an insane amount of damage. Plus, he gets extremely unpredictable sense he technically bypasses a lot of shit to use the finishers from the strings Majima himself normally uses. Jo Amon in Mad Dog style can be taken for SNK Boss status because use uses lows to start his combos: What this means is that you can't really "cheese" him that easily with Tiger Drop anyway because of his unpredictable patterns from up close and the sweep starter. Mine from Yakuza 3 had this going on too where he could not be easily beaten with just Tiger Drops. The Tiger Drop does not work against lows. 

Another thing to understand about Jo Amon in Kiwami is that he will only use the bombs when YOU use items. I don't know the intervals for him using Komaki Parry or the dash punch. But, he does have them. Another interesting thing is that Jo Amon NEVER uses the Light x3, Strong to Sledgehammer finisher combo. He just dash cancels and continues his offense. What you are going to notice is that I took a heavy hit on purpose from one of his bombs. I wanted access to a certain heat action when he starts going crazy at the second phase. 

There is a part of me that believes that Jo Amon should have been a thing in the actual story of Yakuza 6. 

You should upload this with the Goku Ultra Instinct theme playing.

Yakuza 6 Secret Boss Stuff. 

This one is going to get a little bit weird. 

And, then again, anything involving Jo Amon gets weird. Jo Amon is basically the result of what happens if you put a particularly overpowered anime/manga characters from a popular series into a Yakuza game. He always makes the final bosses look like choir boys. 

As for the boss fight? Explosions. That's all I can say. 

Once again, I did not use Tiger Drop. Which made things even more complicated. 

The Clan thing in Yakuza 6 is a lot better than I thought. 

And, I also solidified just how broken Majima truly is in Yakuza 0. I've been playing this game for a  long time, yet I just now realized that Majima can actually use triangle (strong) moves out of his X button evade function. The timing on his Mad Dog parry is a tad stricter than Tiger Drop from Kiwami and Kiryu's Dragon of Dojima style parry (the circle button version). The weakness of Mad Dog style is the fact that he cannot grab the opponent and the square functions are difficult to handle if the opponent is evasive. The style itself is still busted as fuck, even if you don't enhance it. 

I'm begrudgingly holding off for now. I need to finish a couple of games first. Plus I got roped back into Destiny by my best friends and brother. It's more about being able to hangout together with all of them via party chat. Can't do that with story intensive single player games.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

56 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm begrudgingly holding off for now. I need to finish a couple of games first. Plus I got roped back into Destiny by best friends and brother. It's more about being able to hangout together with all of them via party chat. Can't do that with story intensive single player games.

YOU DON'T NEED FRIENDS.  THROW THEM AND THOSE OTHER GAMES IN THE TRASH.

PLAY YAKUZA INSTEAD.