Stage Select
Angel

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition

Yeah one of my first shows watching it with the mindset of "oh this is an anime" was Claymore. Going from cartoons to seeing people get rekt in a smear of blood was a bit of a shift. Before then I had just regarded shit like Dragonball and Yugioh as cartoons, not a completely different thing

Devilman Crybaby would have been better if they hadn't focused so much on the hedonistic side of stuff and focused more on some redeeming quality of the devilman. Instead devilman were basically murderous monsters that could barely control themselves if they could at all outside of Akira.

They seemed to start hinting more were like that and start going down that plotline, but instead sabotaged it all for more hedonistic sex scenes and violence. The ending was so rushed it was frankly awful.

I need to watch the other Lupin series. Normally that would be something that would interest me.

I tend to prefer things like Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Death Note, Code Geass (to a degree)...

You also can't go wrong with some good ol' Urusei Yatsura. That series is funny as hell.

On 3/14/2018 at 7:17 PM, Pastrami said:

Damn that Goemon clip was pretty crazy. Was Lupin always like that? I remember watching the series on Toonami and that one had a totally different vibe to it

There are quite a few different versions, each made at different times. You probably watched an older goofier one.

Older Lupin was nothing like that, it was more focused on comedy and heist with some action. But the Goemon movie had crazy action scenes.

Its probably the First Lupin i've watched in a few years.

Another clip, same movie, just as raw

On 3/17/2018 at 6:36 PM, Killa said:
On 3/16/2018 at 1:42 PM, Mr_Wizard said:

Which Lupin to watch for noobs?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-01-22/lupin-the-third-where-to-start-and-what-worth-watching/.97834

I've never checked out Lupin yet either and it looks like a lot to get caught up on. Not as bad as catching up to Bleach or One Piece but still a solid two months of watching

1 hour ago, Poltergeist said:

They announced it almost a full year ago

Guess it's time to see what else I've been missing...I go on a massive anime binge every six months or so and then chill out while new shows start/finish.  Somehow this must have slipped through the cracks.

2 hours ago, Poltergeist said:

Anybody watch Overlord? The new episode was fucking awesome.

Rewatched the first season last month.  It wasn't as good as I remember it being the first time.  Feels kind of mediocre now actually.

Been watching season 2 and I guess it's ok.  Especially that one episode where you watch lizards have sex like it's the National Geographic channel.

On 3/21/2018 at 11:23 PM, misterBee said:

Rewatched the first season last month.  It wasn't as good as I remember it being the first time.  Feels kind of mediocre now actually.

Been watching season 2 and I guess it's ok.  Especially that one episode where you watch lizards have sex like it's the National Geographic channel.

I really don't know why they spent 5 episodes on that shit. It's wasn't even a good plot point and the lizards never show up again. It was stupid.

On another note

Does this work?

Edited by Poltergeist