Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
ZioSerpe

The Guilty Gear general, Anime perky boobs are de wae

ggxrd-revelator-jam-1-750.jpg?fit=750%2C375&resize=750%2C400

With the hope we get this to be the place to be I'd like to start a GG thread because I think this is the best goddamn fighting game currently out there, and it was criminally unrepresented on the old Forums.

When I decided to get back into fighting games, I wanted to play GG and while starting to play I found Shoryuken.com, it had nothing on GG so I ended up gravitating towards SFV because I didn't want to be shit at GG. Took me almost a year (and SFV being very frustrating) to finally build up the courage to play GG online, and I am happier than ever.

So if anyone is looking for GG stuff hopefully they can find a friendly place here.

Also Jam's boobs are the perkiest boobs ever, and I feel that is important.

You beat me to this. I was gonna make a GG thread all weekend but never got back to here to do it.

I too love the fuck out of GG and would like to play it more than the not at all I currently do. I really want to learn something in addition to SFV (will be tricky with my time available but fuck it).

The one big pain in the ass is that GG isn't cross play. I'm PS4 for the record. I still haven't played the game enough to really pick a main but I'm leaning towards Ram.

On 3/12/2018 at 3:29 PM, Neclord said:

I am learning Baiken right now and I am having a lot of fun despite losing so much in lobbies.

And yeah, GG is pretty underrated.

The average SF player fears complexity and GG is relatively complex.

On 3/12/2018 at 3:31 PM, misterBee said:

The average SF player fears complexity and GG is relatively complex.

I play Jam, she was pretty easy to get into. Unlike most of the cast she is a fairly normal character , wih her min gimmick being cards, which are way less important, and I already dealt with as a Juri player in SFV.

On 3/12/2018 at 8:25 AM, GetTheTables said:

You beat me to this. I was gonna make a GG thread all weekend but never got back to here to do it.

I too love the fuck out of GG and would like to play it more than the not at all I currently do. I really want to learn something in addition to SFV (will be tricky with my time available but fuck it).

The one big pain in the ass is that GG isn't cross play. I'm PS4 for the record. I still haven't played the game enough to really pick a main but I'm leaning towards Ram.

I was interested in Ram at the start, but I would never be good at using her swords installs

On 3/12/2018 at 8:36 PM, ZioSerpe said:

I was interested in Ram at the start, but I would never be good at using her swords installs

I thought the same thing at first, but I've found the swords to not be too bad to work with. Thankfully the controls for them aren't too complicated. The biggest thing initially was that it made mashing hilariously fruitless.

My biggest issue with Ram is that I don't know much with her and haven't found a lot of good resources. Haven't tried looking super hard though. Also JF Daruo is gonna take a lot of practice to get consistent.

I've also played Slayer and May a bit. Slayer was who I was initially gonna stick with so I know a tiny bit more with him, but I'm mostly just fucking around with May.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:52 AM, GetTheTables said:

I thought the same thing at first, but I've found the swords to not be too bad to work with. Thankfully the controls for them aren't too complicated. The biggest thing initially was that it made mashing hilariously fruitless.

My biggest issue with Ram is that I don't know much with her and haven't found a lot of good resources. Haven't tried looking super hard though. Also JF Daruo is gonna take a lot of practice to get consistent.

I've also played Slayer and May a bit. Slayer was who I was initially gonna stick with so I know a tiny bit more with him, but I'm mostly just fucking around with May.

If you're good at setplay once the opponent is down, then Ram can be pretty great. I couldn't use her very well at all in neutral though.

On 3/13/2018 at 1:50 PM, misterBee said:

If you're good at setplay once the opponent is down, then Ram can be pretty great. I couldn't use her very well at all in neutral though.

Yeah that was what I read about her initially. I'm not usually a big setplay guy but playing Mika/Laura in SFV has made me a bit better at it and I'm willing to learn.

My biggest "concern" with Ram is that I usually like more poke-y characters that do nice big chunks of damage (one of the main reasons I tried Slayer initially) and my rough understanding is that she is the opposite of that. But I also don't have a lot of GG experience so I'm more trying to play whatever characters seem cool at first and then I can make a more informed decision what I really like in this game in terms of play style.

Green Dauro is not that hard for me, the important part is to make sure the 3 input is the last instead of the simplified input most people do of 6236. I just make sure to go hard on the corner of the stick gate when I do it.

On 3/14/2018 at 5:20 PM, kikimaru024 said:

I need to relearn this game, from the ground up.

But I don't wanna learn Sol/Leo.

Waifu characters not necessary but I do like 'em.

You got a problem with Sol?! :angry:

On 3/14/2018 at 5:20 PM, kikimaru024 said:

I need to relearn this game, from the ground up.

But I don't wanna learn Sol/Leo.

Waifu characters not necessary but I do like 'em.

As I mentioned before, I think Jam is a pretty easy character to get into, and she's the best waifu.

Other than that everyone seems to say Jack'o is an easy character, and personally I think Dizzy is easy to get into as she's got a pretty simple gameplan.