Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
ZioSerpe

The Guilty Gear general, Anime perky boobs are de wae

I've caved in and bought DBFZ, thought "It's Arcsys will play similar". It feels like playing GG on mud, a lot of things are to be done do damn slower than in GG.

It saddens me that DBFZ has such a huge population while GG struggles.

It would be nice if DBFZ bought people into the Arcsys family and they started playing more games, but we all know that is not gonna happen.

54 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

I've caved in and bought DBFZ, thought "It's Arcsys will play similar". It feels like playing GG on mud, a lot of things are to be done do damn slower than in GG.

It saddens me that DBFZ has such a huge population while GG struggles.

It would be nice if DBFZ bought people into the Arcsys family and they started playing more games, but we all know that is not gonna happen.

If you play Sol/Axl/Ky DBFZ isn't really any slower or faster.  Not everyone is a button spamming Jam player. <3  Blazblue is about the same speed too.

3 hours ago, misterBee said:

If you play Sol/Axl/Ky DBFZ isn't really any slower or faster.  Not everyone is a button spamming Jam player. <3  Blazblue is about the same speed too.

I'm not speaking about buttons as much as I am speaking of movement; IAD and jump cancels feel like they need to be done slower than they need to be done in GG or BB (I don't have much experience with BB but it always feels like you have to do those things fast)

Edited by ZioSerpe

For me DBZF feels about the same speed as Xrd but I think the pace of how the matches actually play out makes it feel slower. Just me though.

Also when is everyone usually available for GG? I'd like to try to play more and if I'm gonna coordinate games I prefer it to be with folks around here.

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

For me DBZF feels about the same speed as Xrd but I think the pace of how the matches actually play out makes it feel slower. Just me though.

Also when is everyone usually available for GG? I'd like to try to play more and if I'm gonna coordinate games I prefer it to be with folks around here.

@GetTheTables I'm drowning in work this week but I will try to make time.  What timezone are you in and when do you usually play?

21 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I'm drowning in work this week but I will try to make time.  What timezone are you in and when do you usually play?

@misterBee I'm EDT.  My play time is all over the place unfortunately.

I usually try to hop on consistently on Mondays and Wednesdays for an hour or so but that usually just ends up being training time since I have classes those evenings (and up to this point all SFV). I'm all for getting games in, just have a more restricted window.

Tuesdays can be good if my wife is busy, similar for Fridays. Weekends are random; I typically either have the early part of the day available or the later part.

Since I'm all over the grid I'm fine with coordinating via @'s, PMs, whatever, to figure out the particulars.

16 hours ago, misterBee said:

Mmmm I played BB and Xrd a lot...not sure I really feel the difference tbh.

Either way just embrace your new DBZF overlords. :sunglasses:

Honestly I do not like the game that much, I'd much rather be playing GG, but this as a playerbase so I'm gonna work on my 3 characters (got down trunks options yesterday, gonna do 21 today then find out if I wanna round out with Vegita for the assist or Yamcha to use as anchor over Trunks) but once my team is down I'm going back to GG unless I really want to play. and GG is not finding matches

10 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

@misterBee I'm EDT.  My play time is all over the place unfortunately.

I usually try to hop on consistently on Mondays and Wednesdays for an hour or so but that usually just ends up being training time since I have classes those evenings (and up to this point all SFV). I'm all for getting games in, just have a more restricted window.

Tuesdays can be good if my wife is busy, similar for Fridays. Weekends are random; I typically either have the early part of the day available or the later part.

Since I'm all over the grid I'm fine with coordinating via @'s, PMs, whatever, to figure out the particulars.

Ok!  We're in the same time zone.   I'll hit you up on PSN some time.

Pulling the GG conversation back in here from SFV thread.

Lobby yesterday was a lot of fun. Had solid connections with everyone except the one guy who was on 56k. 19 frame delay Axl is S+ tier.

Definitely gonna try to practice Ram more and hopefully I can split my time more evenly between GG and SFV now that I know there are at least some other people to play. 

None that I'm aware of. The only channels I've subbed to just collect matches. Upside is that they post a shitload of content.

Also I'll be available for games this Sunday during the morning/early afternoon (say 10am-4pm ish EDT). If anyone else is around we can get another lobby going. 

5 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

Also I'll be available for games this Sunday during the morning/early afternoon (say 10am-4pm ish EDT). If anyone else is around we can get another lobby going. 

I think I might be able to -- will let you know!

If it was anywhere near possible to have a secondary in this game without the need of eidetic memory, who would you pick?

I would probably go for Sin and his glorious shorts.

Double posting because GG is a lonely road to walk.

Still sneaking in practice when I can. Starting to get down Ram's corner carry to wallspat combo. Which is good because theoretically from there I can start them corner pressure loops. The trick is going to be learning those next. And then actually playing well enough to get any of this to connect. 

1 minute ago, GetTheTables said:

Double posting because GG is a lonely road to walk.

Still sneaking in practice when I can. Starting to get down Ram's corner carry to wallspat combo. Which is good because theoretically from there I can start them corner pressure loops. The trick is going to be learning those next. And then actually playing well enough to get any of this to connect. 

Nice!  Let me know when you're ready to play some.  I don't have my PS4 on very often, so PM me ahead of time so I can make sure I'm around.

8 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Nice!  Let me know when you're ready to play some.  I don't have my PS4 on very often, so PM me ahead of time so I can make sure I'm around.

Will do! May be able to swing that this weekend. I wanted to get GG time in this past Sunday but that day straight up melted.

The life of a PC anime player is harsh. Stuck playing DBFZ because I cannot find matches in GG.

Surprisingly enough I always find a match in BlazBlue, but I have not learned much about the game yet, so I just get ran over with very little understanding of what I should do, on the other hand I keep getting dodged on DBFZ because apparently despite still not being any good at using my assists to extend pressure my fundamentals and defense are enough to scare players at my current Rank

BB is weird to me. Its close enough to GG that I feel like I should like it but every time I play it I end up not liking the way the game actually plays out.

The last time Misterbee and I played the lobby filled up pretty quick and stayed full or close to it the whole time, but that was on PS4. 

Also it looks like I'll have some extra time for gaming this week so hopefully we can get some GG going again.