Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
Jaldaboath

The Dragon Ball FighterZ / MvC2:2 Thread

So, I could never get a match during the Beta, tell me, is this the rightful heir to MvC2, a forgettable franchise fighter or an afront to DBZ and the FGC?

Also, Anyone knows if the OST pack will be available for purchase later? I want it but I'm not paying for a season pass until all the characters are in.

ADMIN EDIT BY @misterBee :

I'd like to prevent this site from have too many unused subforums, so we'll keep it to this thread for now.

If activity increases and people feel like this game needs its own subforum, please post in the subforum request thread.

I'm looking forward to DBFZ. I have faith in ArcSys and so far it's looking pretty fun.

On 1/27/2018 at 1:53 PM, kikimaru024 said:

I wanna get DBFZ but

* I'm old & busted

* I don't wanna learn a new FG

* It's €95 for the full package...

I believe in you! <3

You definitely don't need to buy the ultimate edition...

On 1/27/2018 at 12:57 PM, misterBee said:

dbfz_android_18_level_3.jpg?fit=750%2C400&resize=750%2C400

Pfft. This is the only char you need.

I'm sure Kbrad uses her. She's his only blonde waifu option.

Rocking 18, 16, and Trunks right now. 18 is definitely my weakest char but I can't give up on her. :cry:

I'll definitely give Bardock a try. I prefer characters with command grabs though...hope he has one.

From what I've read Bardock seems to be a close range fighter. Haven't heard about any command grabs but I could see those fitting in his kit. He seems to be focused more on physical attacks that beam attacks from what I've gathered.

You can end a string of normals with ki blast or destructo disc. These are pretty safe UNLESS your opponent has lvl3. If they have level 3 they can reversal you before the projectiles come out.

If you call an assist during your blockstring it will keep you safe as well. You can do something like L, M, assist, H. Opponent will have to block your assist, so won't be able to punish the H.

If you don't feel safe using a projectile ender and don't have assist, then the best you can do is something like L, L. Anything more and you're unsafe on block. Luckily timing in this game is pretty lax so hit confirming shouldn't be too hard.

18 pauses for a bit to call 17, and if you are hit at any point, 17 will disappear. 17 can be hit as well.

I prefer to use 17 for oki and in neutral, but if you're in someone's face and already in the middle of a blockstring, I'm not sure you can really call him in safely. You can probably combine him with an assist though if you want the added layers of offense.

What characters are good anchors?

Currently my team is 21-Vegeta-Trunks, and I know that I will probably have to Axe either Trunks or 21 and I really don't wanna

Posted (edited)

I can't wait for Broly! The wait is killing me.

Edited by Weeaboo