Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
Deadly_Raver

The SRK2 Toonami thread: It's the weekend!!

Posted (edited)

Meh.  I'll be catching up piece by piece.

DBS:  Great.  The destroyer god that looks like a yellow rat..........acts like a yellow rat.  Smoke, mirrors, and the invisible man.  Personally, I'm just glad that rat boy got his show cancelled by the Omni Kings.  I wonder if we can get them to do some work on our behalf..............On Disney.................

EDIT:  .................AND AN INSECT!?!!?!?!?  NIGGA, YOU REALLY CAME TO THE LAST FUCKIN' DANCE WITH A BUNCH OF FUCKING SIDESHOW FREAKS!?!?!??!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?!?!?!?  YOUR WHOLE DAMN UNIVERSE IS AT STAKE AND YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULD WIN THE BIG PRIZE WITH NOTHING BUT CHEAP TRICKS!!!  YOU DESERVE TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE SECTION OF HELL WHERE YOU GET YOUR ASS WHIPPED FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!!  WASTING MY DAMN TIME LIKE THAT!!!  OMNI KING, DO THE DAMN THING!!!

Edited by Deadly_Raver

Posted (edited)

On SAO:

"And it was on this day that Deadly Raver finally understood the terrible power of weaves."  Tried to choke homie out with her pubes.

Okay. I know it wasn't really, but let's face it.  If I didn't crack raunchy jokes, nobody else would.

............................Oh shiet.  Looks like I was wrong about that.  Perv boy with the last minute save?  He wasn't the hero we wanted.  He wasn't the hero we deserved.  He probably wasn't even the hero we needed.  Let's face it.  He wasn't a hero at all, But in the end he's the one who kicked the witch off her broomstick and emptied her lifebar, so he gets the "W".  Kill stealers in the House.  You know you hate us, but you can't do nothing about us.  The pontifex got the "L" shoved right up her ass.........next to perv boy's fingers I'll bet.  She had great power, but her poor choice in Armor was her downfall in the end....................among other things.

EDIT:  Um, what the.................From a sword fight with ms. peek a boo pontifex, to a gunfight with who knows who?  This shit started slow and boring, but they most certainly kept their feet on the accelerator with each episode from there on.  Respect given.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

Yeah.  I pretty much blew off the last two weeks.  I'll get it on this week though.

DBS:

Finally.  It's 7 versus 11.  They're finally getting some blows in around here.  Kinda mad at Gohan right now.  Is he gonna do the whole damn thing in Neutral gear?  Power up already. 

Gen: loc

......................Okay.  Since I missed the first one I'm catching this one as my intro.  My assessment:  NOT IMPRESSED.

First, Let's get off the damn feels.  They pretty much spent the first five minutes emasculating anything with a "Y" chromosome, then he (Apparently, he's the only guy in the show with a name) can't get off of looking at pictures of his mama long enough to get into the job.........................and it's a BIG job.  This enemy is sporting some serious firepower.  Nano-tech "Killer clouds"?  Man, GGP-to-the-fuckin-O!!  However, if EMP weapons are as effective as what I saw against it,  you should've been doing that a LOT earlier.  Just sayin. 

After the break:

.............................Oh great.  He's dead.  I guess that Ejector Seat malfunction didn't repair itself in time.  Don't worry.  It's fatal, but not permanent.  You'll understand if you watch it.

Oh yeah.  The troops just don't seem to understand keeping your head in the game during a skirmish.   Quit worrying about your girlfriend/boyfriend when there are bullets flying all over the place!  This is how people lose a leg in battle............literally for the mech pilot.  I'm kinda surprised we haven't all been wiped out yet if THESE are the people we have holding down the line. 

Well, just when all hope is lost.............................IN COME SOME FUCKIN' SUPER BOTS!!  They fuck up the enemy like they ain't shit!!  They save the day like  MERICA! FUCK YEAH!       Naturally, the chick who's name I can't remember gets all bossy and starts demanding to know what those new robots are.  For reasons that have NEVER worked in the history of storytelling, her superior bends over and gives her the lowdown. 

..............And that's as much as I intend to say about it.  I'm gonna try to suffer through next episode, but I'm not feeling it.  Not at all.  The storytelling isn't drawing me in as much as making me make the Saitama "ok" face.  I know it's only one ep, but I'm not getting invested in any of these characters.  I'm really hoping next ep will change that.  I guess we'll see in a week.

Fire Force:

Hmmm................It's different.................and that's saying a LOT.  The two characters, shinra the fire devil and Author the knight are already doing the rivals thing.  This one story and......................W...........T..............F...............

We've got characters, story, a mysterious antagonist, a cool boss (Sorry.  His name escapes me at this time) working with the two mains, and a decent looking supporting cast.  Even though I didn't see the first ep, I know everything I need from this one ep.  Apparently, people can be consumed by spontaneous combustion, which causes them to become living wildfires.  Because of this, a special team of fire fighters, named "Fire force" help to combat these special emergencies.  Ironically,  it looks like nearly every member of the fire force is a Pyrokinetic of some sort.  If you ask me, that would be the LAST person I would want to take into a situation involving fire, but oh well.  I guess we'll see how well it works out in future episodes.

Shokugeki no soma  A.K.A.  Food Wars

LMAO!!  This is about cooking, but damn if it ain't got more action than some of the so-called "action" animes.  No lacking of comedy either.  One taste is an episode within itself it seems.

6 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Shokugeki no soma  A.K.A.  Food Wars

LMAO!!  This is about cooking, but damn if it ain't got more action than some of the so-called "action" animes.  No lacking of comedy either.  One taste is an episode within itself it seems.

They finally got around to putting this one on TV huh? You're in for a wild ride.  I bet CN censors it though...

3 minutes ago, misterBee said:

They finally got around to putting this one on TV huh? You're in for a wild ride.  I bet CN censors it though...

It's been here about a month, but I've been sleeping on it.  Yeah, CN will definitely censor it, but hopefully it won't be too much.  They let the Pontifex bounce around butt ass nekkid after all, so we'll see what happens.

Posted (edited)

it shouldn't be a surprise to me at this point, but it's a bit annoying that this purple-haired dude has a woman's hairstyle on the Gundam show.  Watching it on mute for a while I could've sworn that was a female character.  I see it often in anime; this one is tame compared to other examples, but it's just silly and stupid to draw a supposedly "male" character to look female, imo....

y'know... this is how it usually plays out with Gundam shows for me... they always just end up being "background" and I never REALLY pay attention to what's going on in them.

Boruto just repeatedly fails to hold my attention...fuck that show, man....and I'm not sure what the hell is up with Naruto Shippuden doing super-flashbacks to the old era for entire episodes the past few weeks.

Edited by MillionX

late as hell but...............

MHA:

So Deku and kaachan finally trading blows eh?  Not half bad despite them both holding back.  It's a fight that didn't need to happen, yet it still needed to happen.  Kinda funny that they end up on clean up duty.  I guess sweeping away the old to make room for the new?  I just wish they wouldn't put it on at the tail end of the night.  Does CN have no concept of how to do this?

Gen: Loc

Yeah, fuck this show.  I can already see this is going to be a bag and a half of SJW shit.  They can keep it.  White man's a spy, the rest of the team is from anywhere but America, the Japanese guy knocks himself out in his first move...........................They can save this shit.  I'm not buying.

meh.  Deactivated PSVue and therefore all TV, but I did watch DBS via Kissanime and now using Crunchyroll.

Still got a few weeks to go before bug face gets his, but rabbit boy finally bites the dust.  I'm a bit disappointed though.  Gohan never even went SSJ through the whole fight and it's the battle for the universe?  Failure Gohan.  Failure.

yeah Gohan is such an odd case, man... the classic case of unrealized huge potential.

...I just realized.. I don't recall him going SSJ 2 again after the fight with Cell, actually...he used the "Mystic" upgrade when he got that, and occasionally regular SSJ1, I think?  Sometimes I wonder how the Dragonball franchise would've played out if Toriyama went ahead with Gohan as the new main hero permanently, with Goku staying dead...perhaps occasionally popping up in spirit form only to advise his son on his latest battles.  It probably would've been a bit more interesting, imo... with Gohan starting off as an annoying little kid that cries all the time, as they often do...going from that to a kid that ends up saving the world from a nearly unstoppable threat.  If I were in the writer/director's seat I probably would've just gone that route. 

I like Geekdom's channel; he had a good vid about the character recently, where they rambled about what if Gohan *didn't* stop training

Edited by MillionX