Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
GetTheTables

The UNIEL Thread(st)

Sure the fuck ain't.

The Mika section is just a bunch of C&P Hyde stuff with lots of holes and no combo/tactical info. 😭

But in this modern age I'm always grateful to find anything that isn't just a bunch of pointers to discord. Nothing against discord but I can't browse that shit at work. 😛

Thread revive!

GGs @misterBee, that was a fun chunk of UNIEL! The more I play this game the more I like it.

For the characters I haven't played before:

- Merkava seems fun. He's pretty weird, but Dhalsim weird while still having some rushdown stuff. I mainly want to play him because his super is mega-Kermit-arms and it cracks me the fuck up every time I see it. 

- Wagner is a fucking beast. I've seen what she can do in capable hands, and even picking her up totally fresh she feels really accessible and effective. I sort of hate her because playing against her feels so oppressive but I can't deny that she is also super fun.

- Vatista seems solid, at least compared to Hilda. Where I couldn't figure out shit with Hilda and just got murdered, Vatista was clearly also a zoner but was more accessible. Also for the life of me I couldn't figure out more than two moves with her.

- Linne seemed straightforward. Surprisingly good normals considering her little stabby dagger. Characters like her and Hyde usually don't appeal to me because they're often pretty straightforward (the Ryus and Kens of the world) but they are fun to use. Didn't to much more than mash with her but it was entertaining enough that I'd do it again.

I want to continue working on this game and trying out characters. I also want to continue to refine what I can with Nanase and Mika; my one combo I do with Nanase is okay but I can do better, and I really need to come up with something better with Mika when I get hits in.

Very much looking forward to playing more. Others should join us in the EXes. 😎

Posted (edited)

game finally coming to steam, I'm in!

Sign me up for a Yuzuriha main.

Edited by ZioSerpe
  • +1 1

5 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

game finally coming to steam, I'm in!

Sign me up for a Yuzuriha main.

Nice!  Let's play lagging online matches!

@misterBee GGs man! When you said you had picked a new main I would have bet 💰 that it was going to be Wagner. Hilde was a pleasant surprise though I maybe should have had an inkling knowing you play Axl in GG. 🙂 

One thing that I need to get more comfortable with in this game is keeping up offense. I'm used to SF5's way more gated offensive sequences. You can string together a way longer pressure sequence in this game between the way the normals chain, dashes, and drive attacks can work together. 

Mika may be cut from the team. I did some research after our sets and while she definitely can pull some shit (her legit command grab can be CS'd into a 4700ish damage combo) I don't love how stubby her attacks are and how much she has to bulldog just to get in. Also I miss how easy it was to rack up damage before I made the "mistake" of telling you you could break command grabs. 😉 

Its just kinda weird to me because with the command grabs not being a really good mix up option (at least in the way I'm used to) it feels like you need to rush down with buttons and mix up "normally". Which is fine, but if I'm doing that I'd rather be doing it with Nanase. So I'm probably gonna just put more time into her and figure out another secondary character to mess around with (I like the idea of a secondary since it seems to be just us playing, for variety's sake).

I got a chance to play this at a friend's house a few days ago. It was pretty fun and felt different enough from more of the Air-Dasher games I'm familiar with, though I only played Akatsuki and lost 9/10 matches.

10 hours ago, The_Weasel said:

I got a chance to play this at a friend's house a few days ago. It was pretty fun and felt different enough from more of the Air-Dasher games I'm familiar with, though I only played Akatsuki and lost 9/10 matches.

I'd hesitate to even call it an air-dasher.  Only one char even has a real air-dash.  Akatsuki's pretty fun but knowing the game mechanics will help a lot. Hopefully we'll be able to play some games with you too!

Ended up missing seeing the finals live due to Smash 4 running long (shock of shockers 😛). By the time it got rolling I was on the tram back to hang out with family.

However they did post up the Top 4. Fun set of games to watch and a good spread of characters: