Stage Select
Sign in to follow this  
*.:White ShadoW:.*

The One Piece Thread: Gear 4th!!!

Posted (edited)

As for the latest chapter:

FINALLY!

At long last, Wano! Zoro is finally home. That last panel was terrific! Just like Luffy, Zoro has a short fuse when dealing with BS, but now the Mugiwaras are on borrowed time.

Poor O-Robi, she seems so out of place lol.

So Marco can transfer some of his healing ability to other beings, that’s cool. It’s a shame it’s limited, because being able to heal all the catastrophic injuries Whitebeard suffered would’ve been too OP.

It’s also nice that we got a glimpse of Whitebeard’s hometown and more on his backstory. It’s interesting to see how the Celestial Dragons’ corrupt influence affects the One Piece world. Their line is just a royal mafia.

And now we have some evidence that Weevil might actually be the son of Whitebeard, although his “mom” might need to go Maury. It’s interesting that Marco remarked on him having many women, so Whitebeard did have some player tendencies. A true pirate.

Edited by *.:White ShadoW:.*

that alone is almost enough to get me back into cosplay. I know I had on my list Luffy but a friend of mine did it years back...and now in time skip, I lack his muscular exterior...that and based on my attitude (and style) I feel I fit more as a Zoro anyway. 

There's so much going on now in the story. 

What's interesting about the latest chapter is that Zoro's skills are so good it even impresses residents of a Samurai-filled land.  Makes me think that only a handful of swordsmen in the entire kingdom can even touch him at this point.

I'm hyped to see *tryhard* Zoro finally in a bonafide sword duel once again.

Well Law isn't a dedicated swordsman, his power is what really does the cutting, not his blade. Besides, Law is a strategist, so he probably has other things in play to take down Kaido.

Speaking of which, seeing how proud and isolationist the people of Wano are  it says a lot that they're under Kaido's control.  It must've taken a lot for them to cast away their honor and pride to be under the dominion of a tyrranical outsider, but considering what happened on Zou, they made the right choice.

24824n.jpg

Luffy showing his new level up.

He can passively use his “Future Sight” and if you noticed he didn’t react in the same manner against the Tengu man because he clearly could sense his character.

Speaking of seeing the future, Basil “Scarecrow” Hawkins has finally made an appearance! A shrewd man like him would make an interesting adversary for Luffy, but I get the feeling he’s just buying his time to get from under Kaido’s heavy hand.

Oh and I like the new ninja girl, and the fact that she met Ace means she’s going to be integral to the story down the line. Some guy in the comments mentioned she might be the reason Ace learned how to weave hats and why he was able to make one for Oars Jr. If that’s true then Goda…

Twenty-one years ago, a man by the name Eiichiro Oda started a little manga called One Piece. Little did he know, over two decades later, this manga would continue to impact the lives of millions across the globe.

Yes, today, July 19th, One Piece turns 21 years old! After all the adventures and all the years, Oda is still going strong by still delivering a fantastic story to us. One Piece is finally the age of Zoro and Sanji and can now drink in the US! Also, it's been 12 years since Vegapunk was first mentioned, meaning we've gone over half the series not knowing how he looks!

For those doubting the legitimacy of the date, a reliable source has confirmed directly that this was the time the original Jump issue with chapter 1 was released on. Monday was holiday, so the chapter released on Saturday, making the original official date for One Piece's birth July 19th (while ironically, this is a fact that Shueisha has wrong, as they count One Piece's "birthday" as the date the Jump issue was originally referred as, rather than the day One Piece was first released to the public. Yes, it's a complicated situation).

So let's cheer to all these fantastic years of One Piece and to many more to come!

On 8/31/2018 at 5:07 PM, misterBee said:

So how big a gap exists between the manga and the anime right now?

Still can't decide whether I want to read or watch this.

Read it, the anime is only good up until ~300 episodes or so but then Toei started catching up to the manga and drastically lowered both the production quality and the storytelling by drawing out 1 chapter's worth of content into 2 episodes through lazy embellishments of certain scenes.