Fighting Game General

So SNK has an announcement on the 10th. 

I am fantasizing but:

BBtag 

Soul Calibur 6

UNIST port for steam

This has been quite a year for swords

I am hoping in Samurai Showdown

So I wrote this a few days ago and I must have missed the posting button, hopes have been fulfilled, and the game looks good. 

I hope they put Shiki in on release, honestly is been years I don't even remember who I liked, I only played the game on SNK emulator and did arcade mode with everyone, a lot. 

I never played CVS so idk how Shiki plays, but she looks cool. 

Shiki would be an interesting pull. She does have a cool design.

My favorite Samsho character was always Basara but it was also the 90s and I was young and loved The Crow.

I'm just gonna come at this new one fresh and see who works out. Assuming the game actually plays well (at least its looking good).

Ah yes... And of course, while DOA6 nerfs most of the cast's looks to make them more "Realistic", Marie and Honkers look exactly the same from Last Round because Koei-Tecmo know they can't infuriate their biggest market... IMO it's pretty scummy how NyoTengu is a pre-order exclusive character, and only from the $150+ "Collectors Edition" at that.

If the leak I read is true, Tina, Lisa, Mila and basically all of the "Western Market Bait" characters either are going to be cut entirely or made DLC through some weird kind of Gacha system that makes Loot boxes look fair...

It makes me glad we've got Soul Caliber VI and the new Samurai Shodown game to look forward to 

On 9/13/2018 at 9:46 AM, The_Weasel said:

Ah yes... And of course, while DOA6 nerfs most of the cast's looks to make them more "Realistic", Marie and Honkers look exactly the same from Last Round because Koei-Tecmo know they can't infuriate their biggest market... IMO it's pretty scummy how NyoTengu is a pre-order exclusive character, and only from the $150+ "Collectors Edition" at that.

If the leak I read is true, Tina, Lisa, Mila and basically all of the "Western Market Bait" characters either are going to be cut entirely or made DLC through some weird kind of Gacha system that makes Loot boxes look fair...

It makes me glad we've got Soul Caliber VI and the new Samurai Shodown game to look forward to 

I had to Google all of them 'cause I know fuck all about DoA character. When I saw Nyotengu I thought "ah ok, these are all gonna be super Asian tropes, that's why he calls them western market bait, weird tho, plenty of Asian looking chicks in there already a few more shouldn't make a difference" 

Then I Googled the other 3 and turns out they are all chicks with strong western traits. 

So I feel like I gotta tell you... You got this shit backwards. Here in Asia they all crave western looking chicks, on the other hand westerners tend to like Asian chicks, quite sure Asian fetish is one of the most common fetish for caucasians. Everybody wants exotic. 

4 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

I had to Google all of them 'cause I know fuck all about DoA character. When I saw Nyotengu I thought "ah ok, these are all gonna be super Asian tropes, that's why he calls them western market bait, weird tho, plenty of Asian looking chicks in there already a few more shouldn't make a difference" 

Then I Googled the other 3 and turns out they are all chicks with strong western traits. 

So I feel like I gotta tell you... You got this shit backwards. Here in Asia they all crave western looking chicks, on the other hand westerners tend to like Asian chicks, quite sure Asian fetish is one of the most common fetish for caucasians. Everybody wants exotic. 

I based my comments on the fact that when the final results of the roster poll for DOAX3 was released, the characters with predominantly western traits (Tina, Christie, Mila, Lisa & Rachel) were all at or near the bottom of the totals. Considering that this poll was only available to Asian regions, then combined with the fact that certain characters like Mila, Lisa & Rachel have far fewer costumes compared to other females in DOA5:LR, further backed up by the leak that Tina, Lisa and Christie are most likely DLC while Mila & Rachel out completely...

Yeah. I stand by what I said.

Besides, I'm not even that interested in DOA any more. Especially with SCVI, the new SamSho game out next year and a bunch of other games on my radar.

I am gonna end up buying them all eventually, I am quite curious about DoA to be honest. I have always ignored it before, but they did right by Mai in DoA5 so I am willing to give them a chance. 

I've always been a filthy casual with DoA but it seems like a game that could be very fun once you start getting the RPS system down. And if you like VF its the closest thing you have to a new one of those until Sega pulls an SNK/SamSho and pulls it from the grave. 

Honoka and to a lesser degree Marie Rose bug me for some reason and the series has a plastic doll look that sort of kills it for me. Hope the new one is good though for series fans. I'm curious to see if they'll bring VF chars back this time around.

On 9/15/2018 at 8:11 AM, GetTheTables said:

I've always been a filthy casual with DoA but it seems like a game that could be very fun once you start getting the RPS system down. And if you like VF its the closest thing you have to a new one of those until Sega pulls an SNK/SamSho and pulls it from the grave. 

Honoka and to a lesser degree Marie Rose bug me for some reason and the series has a plastic doll look that sort of kills it for me. Hope the new one is good though for series fans. I'm curious to see if they'll bring VF chars back this time around.

I don't Marie Rose because she looks like a 10 year old. Honoka is basically the Seth of the game. Her moves are a hodgepodge of various characters. The only thing I find interesting about her is that it is implied that she is Raidou's daughter. I just hope her mother, unlike Ayane's, was a willing participant.